lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
mitch26753
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive belt replacement Clutch removal ????

Well start off by saying hi...I'm recently got a old ez go gas golf cart...Not sure of the model or anything. i'm pretty mechincal inclined, so i didn't figure this would be a problem. I got the cart off my uncle. I tried to do some searching the problem i'm having is replaceing the belt. The old belt broke but came with a new one. I take it that i have to remove the "Cliutch" on the passenger side coming out the back of the motor?
Do i need to use a puller to take that off or is it not even required to take that off. I have tried about everway to get that belt on but there just isn't enough room. Again i don't know the year or model of this cart, it was bought off a golf course.
if i need to buy a puller or can i make one what size is it? If it does need pulled off i take it that you put the screw the puller in to take off the clutch slide the belt back on then put on the other pulley that is hooked to the rear end? Again i'm sorry for not having more information.
mitch26753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
mitch26753
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive belt replacement Clutch removal ????

also thought i better add that i have tried putting the belt on the pulley on the motor then trying to roll the belt onto the rear end pulley which is spring loaded...Can't get the belt rolled on...does anyone know what size belt i am suppose to have maybe i got too short of belt? I couldn't see it being that hard to replace a belt on one of this. The belt looks very similar to the belt on my brute force atv
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should be able to remove and replace without pulling off the clutch. What year / model gas EZGO is this?

Some of the older 2 stroker carts were a BUGGER to replace...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
mitch26753
Not Yet Wild

I have been researching these for the last three hours. I don't know what year or model it is. I looked at the id forum it doesn't make sense it says that after 1976 the id tag is under passenger side glove box which is where it's at. But the last two numbers are 66. Which would make it a 66? It's a 2 stroke. How do i put the belt on without taking the drive clutch off? This cart is old i know that. it's like pale green. should i put the belt on the drive clutch pulley first and try to get it on the rear end pulley? Or the other way around....i'm havin a heck of a time with it.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put the belt on the engine clutch first then start it around the rearend clutch.... rotate both clutches at the same time if it gets tough
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO