lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
mathemagician44
Not Yet Wild

Default Super quick/easy charger question

Sum of question: can I just splice my D-style end into the cord of an RXV end? Why is there a third wire?

Through my own neglect, my Yewy 48v charger is done for. I knew I wasn't getting a charge and assumed it was just an extension cord and didn't even look at it until today. I need the cart asap. I have the powerwise D-style jack, which has two terminals.

I need a charger quick, and amazon can get me the Accusense by Sunday (before Memorial day), however, only if I get a different jack. All of these other jacks have three terminals, compared to my two. Is that third terminal just a ground, repetitive of the neutral. Basically, I need to make sure that I can just splice my two terminal jack into this three terminal charger without any problems
mathemagician44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Super quick/easy charger question

Rxv charger will error out for battery temp sensor missing (third wire is communication for temp sensor).

D plug doesn't have a temp sensor.

You could put a 10k resistor from the black wire to the green wire on the rxv cord to fool it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
mathemagician44
Not Yet Wild

That was quick. Thank you CGTech.

So I look further and see there are a couple options for Yamaha or Club Car jacks that only have two wires. So I assume that I can just splice my end on any of these that have only two wires.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

48v club car chargers have 3 wires, and are totally unsuitable for use on carts other than club cars with OBC.

36v club cars have only 2 wires, but 36v probably isn't gonna help you much.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
mathemagician44
Not Yet Wild

In case someone searches this thread in the future, any charger with two wires is fine. I bought a 48v charger with a two terminal plug for a Yamaha because I could get it here by in 36 hours. I spliced my D-style plug and all is good in the world. Thanks all
Old 05-29-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathemagician44 View Post
In case someone searches this thread in the future, any charger with two wires is fine. I bought a 48v charger with a two terminal plug for a Yamaha because I could get it here by in 36 hours. I spliced my D-style plug and all is good in the world. Thanks all
I did the same thing with mine, it has the SB50 connection. I couldn't find a DPI on amazon at the time with the SB50 that was eligible for prime so I ordered one with a different connection then cut it off and put the one I needed on.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO