lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
jugheadjones54
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Cushman UTV Max Gas 14 hp B&S

Needing some help on transaxle replacement. Any suggestions or modifications will be helpful. Can any other make & model work?
jugheadjones54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman UTV Max Gas 14 hp B&S

Some pictures or model number of your vehicle would be very helpful.

If you can find the plate with the full model number, usually 6 digits followed by a dash and then several more digits, the first 6 digits are the model number. The two digits following the dash are the year of manufacture. Cushman made many models and didn't stick to only one model per year. Unfortunately the 6 digit model number is all that can be found in other locations, so you need to find the plate to learn the year of manufacture. The 6 digit model number is usually stamped into the bumper-like body member just above the left front wheel and might be found in other locations on the body or frame.

Is the differential driven by a belt and pulley or is it driven with a drive shaft like a car? Is it a single speed differential or multi speed?

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
cinejeff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just picked up a Cushman GT1? cart and I noticed it has a golf cart transaxle (I think it was club car from memory). Im not sure it that was the original but it looked like it may have been. Ill get some picts later tonight.
cinejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
TN_VA_CHRIS
Not Yet Wild

Should be a tuff torq. I thinks parts to rebuild it are available from them. Internals for the most part are the same as some JD Gators and CC Big Country 4x6.
TN_VA_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
jugheadjones54
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Cushman Powered Industrial Truck

Type G design

Model # 898669

Operating weight 1110 lbs.

Rated capacity 1200 lbs.

Edgewater, FL 32132
jugheadjones54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

There are three versions of differentials in these that I know of

The earlier trucksters had a belt pulley on the side of the gear case and a long belt from the motor. These also had a two speed shift linkage providing two different driving speed in the differentials. A snowmobile type clutch on the motor provided variable speed in each range.

Later models of Trucksters (like my 1987) had a separate transmission, clutch, and a drive shaft to the differential much like a car. The transmission provided three forward speeds and one reverse and the clutch was small, but much the same in design as a car..

The "Turf Trucksters of this era had differentials connected to a drive shaft like above, but they had two speed range gearing within the differential as well, so 6 speeds forward and two reverse were possible..

Some of the three speed transmissions also had a power take-off shaft for driving powered accessories.

All of the differentials that were used in trucksters were available in several gear ratios as well.

In order to help you identify which differential/ differential/ transaxle you have, it will be necessary to know a lot more about your Truckster. The Truckster model number alone won't help much, since Cushman seemed to custom build whatever the customer wanted.
Can you find a part number on the unit needed? It will likely be on a metal tag attached to one of the bolts. That and a better description of which differential you have will help find a replacement, or at least replacement parts for it. www.directparts.com can probably help with replacement parts, but I doubt that they have complete differential/ transaxles. A metal plate on the right side of the front of my cab lists part numbers for the clutch, transmission, and differential. If you have such a plate, this would be the best way to find what you have without crawling under the Truckster to look for numbers.

I hope this all helps.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts