lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
essikr
Not Yet Wild

Default Can the MCOR be tested?

I am new to forum ,been reading all posts pertaining to the MCOR. I have a 2005 DS IQ Aq0515. Having trouble with the pedal sometimes solenoid clicks and the car doesn't move. Sometimes no click,no go and sometimes it does go. I replaced the solenoid ,solenoid clicks and sometimes the car goes . It will move a few feet and stop. You have to have the pedal all the way down if and when it moves. The solenoid clicking doesn't happen every time. I had the cart jacked up with the wheels off the ground and it seemed to be work better.
Is there a way to trouble shoot the MCOR ? I have removed it from the cart. Can I bench test it or is there something else I should be testing and looking for,
essikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Can the MCOR be tested?

Yes, it can be tested. It may take some precision and some good alligator clips on your meter to do it, but it can be bench tested. Remove the MCOR from the cart. On the two-pin connection on the MCOR, check for continuity when the micro switch clicks. You can rotate the MCOR with a flat blade screwdriver. You should get continuity EVERY time the internal switch clicks. If you do not, the switch is intermittent. This is very common. This can explain why the solenoid only clicks sometimes and not every time. To check the throttle output of the MCOR, locate the two pins within the three pin connector that the yellow wire and white wire connect. Note the orientation of the wires before you pull the plug. From no throttle to zero throttle you should see a gradual change in resistance from 6800 ohms to 1100 ohms. Set your multimeter to 20k ohms to perform this test. If the reading is erratic or out of range, the MCOR is bad. It should maintain a steady reading when you hold a certain throttle position. It shouldn't fluctuate.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #3
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

EDIT: Oops, the man is fast,

Think you are in the right area
As you turn the cam on the MCOR,Can you hear the micro sw inside the MCOR click ?
2 wires come out of the MCOR from the micro SW, should read open & 0Ω when it clicks

The micro SW inside the MCOR is part of the chain to engage the solenoid
& is probably the original MCOR.

You have a new solenoid.
Solenoid needs :
(Run/Tow to "Run" ) & the key on, & pedal pushed down (for the MCOR micro Sw) & cart to be in Fwd or Rvs
to engage

The new MCOR (version4) is said to be better.
TahoeDawgZ71 sells them at the best price around :
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Assuming a Good key & run/tow & Fwd/Rvs Sw
a new MCOR
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave View Post
The new MCOR (version4) is said to be better.
TahoeDawgZ71 sells them at the best price around :
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Assuming a Good key & run/tow & Fwd/Rvs Sw
a new MCOR
Thank you. Note that for a 2005 DS, an MCOR 4 conversion kit is necessary for this repair and not just an MCOR4. If the MCOR4 ever fails in the future, a replacement MCOR4 will do, but for the initial replacement, the conversion kit must be purchased. The conversion kit includes a new MCOR4. Part number AM293101.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #5
essikr
Not Yet Wild

great information,thanks. I will do the test procedure today and post results.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #6
essikr
Not Yet Wild

Tested the MCOR connected meter to the two pins ,at first the switch was intermittent. Kept working the switch with the screwdriver blade . After maybe 20 times the continuity was there every time. The resistance check appeared to be OK. I reinstalled it and the cart is working just fine for now.I'm guessing I will need to replace it or get the MCOR 4 converter kit.
Thanks again to Tahoedog and golferdave for the information and pointing me in the right direction.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If it's intermittent just once, it's going to fail soon. It'll only get worse.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just to follow up on David's comments, this is how that switch looks on the inside:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1370203
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #9
knebel
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys!
I have a 2005 CC Carryall 1.
Since i have it its running at max. about 12mph.
Now i have a set of new Trojan T875 and its the same again.

So i pulled the 3-wire-connector to test the resistance between yellow and purple but theres a very high resistance, even if i push the pedal. Then i found out, that my Carryall will drive although the 3-wire-connector on the MCOR1 ist NOT connected...
Its like the controller doesnt need it and runs only with the 2 wires.

How can this be and is it then possible to upgrade on a MCOR4 anyway?
knebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:29 AM   #10
knebel
Not Yet Wild

So today i did some additional testing. On the Controller are the two wires from the MCOR, yellow and purple (Curtis Controller Pin14/15). If the pedal is untouched there are about 1,08kOhm, at full throttle 8,08kOhm.

Are these values reasonable and OK for the MCOR?
knebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car