lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Roll Cage

After expieriencing Keith's cage. The CC is going to get one. I've had enough of all this top mess. I am also going to be getting some new seats and some good harnesses. I hope to my cage built out the same thing keith's is. I hope to be able to complete the cage, seats, and harnesses at or under 1000 bucks. These are my plans so far. They are pretty rough and hopefully I can have Keith draw me some better ones up on autocad. The places in the green are where it will be bolted down. A cross bar will bolt in the original top mounting holes on the front. The rear will bolt to the frame where to seats are bolted now as well as the fran running down the back of the cart where the orginal seat support brackets where. (all of which have been previously reinforced at an aluminum welder. ) Now, the rocker pannels will receive support from 2 tubes in the middle 6" apart from each other.(same material as cage I hope) The cage will have a long peice of flat iorn or angle iron going along the rocker where the cage will be welded to and where it will bolt to the rockers with 3 1/2" grade 8 bolts. (all grade 8 hardware will be used).

Keith, I nees to know your material type that you used and then a few more pictures of the how seats are setup to swing up out of the way and how your cage is bolted to the rockers. Thanks alot and I will be greatful of any opinions. -Austin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (72.2 KB, 218 views)
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Roll Cage

I might get beat up on this one or maybe it's a terrain issue but I installed his and hers racing lap and shoulder harnesses on the Yamazuki for me and Rhobyn and after the first day of riding at Hatfields, I removed them. Looking to my left was a wall almost straight up and looking to my right was a shear drop off some places couple hundred feet. I figured if we went over (the edge) we would stop a lot sooner than the cart would. Turning over on a trail or flat ground may be a different story.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

I won't buckle uip on normal trail riding, but going down or up steephills, I had much rather be strapped in.

Keith and I decided that the harnesses would come later when money allowed.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Dero
Gone Wild

I would make a slightly bigger triangle in the corners for more stability. I would also extend it back over your ead as that would further re-enforce it.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Then that would get in the way of the cargo box. I think if a mount mine to the frame in 6 diff places I'll be good to go.

Here you go keith. Pick the ones you need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0822.jpg (56.4 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (53.2 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00032.jpg (68.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00051.jpg (16.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
wheelchairman
The Prodigal Son

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4148/1004126rc0.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9035/1004125dr1.jpg
wheelchairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
wheelchairman
The Prodigal Son

Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
wheelchairman
The Prodigal Son

So Austin why haven't you posted your good news
Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

What good news?

Oh, They good news about the cage. I will be having the same guy that keith had his done by do mine. We are going by Keiths cage except I will not have the windshield bars or the dip in the front, just straight across. I will be meeting Geoff (cage guy) in Branson whenever I have the money raised to drop the cart with him and he will take it back to Lebanaon. (early september) I'm getting a sweet deal and thats why I'm going all the way up there. It will be made of the same material as Keith's and will be really cool. I will keep everyone updated.

-Austin
Old 08-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Sweet!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center