Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G16 Gas w/ Plowman's Performance Kit Alloy Wheels

This Yamaha G16 cart (I believe it's a 1997 model year) cart has many new parts and is super reliable. In addition to an upgraded clutch setup, in the past two years this cart has had installed: New wheels, new tires, new starter/generator, new front struts, new heavy duty rear shocks, and a new battery

Most importantly, this cart's primary clutch was professionally rebuilt by Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts in Flint, Michigan. Yamaha primary clutches will run forever but as they age most carts experience a significant drop in performance, particularly on the low end of the power band. As we used this in a campground with a very steep hill to take people to a boat dock, we needed this cart to have torque. In addition, we installed a kevlar drive belt, high tension secondary clutch spring and specially matched clutch plates, a modified air box with high flow air filter, and had the carb rebuilt with larger jets to accomodate the greater air flow. The result is that this cart will still do 18 mph, but it has enough low end power to pull 1000# of passengers or cargo up a significant hill without slowing to a crawl. In fact, in the campground, the cart would haul 4 adults up a 13 degree incline and still move 10+ mph. Most of our neighbors carts would crawl up at 1-2 mph, if they would make it up at all.

I have a trailer hitch mounted to the diamond plated rear seat foot support, and the cart is impressive for towing. Obviously tongue weight can be an issue, but I've used this cart to pull trailer loads of wood, other "stuck" carts out of the mud, and even a couple thousand pound boat.

The cart has 8" alloy "ranger" wheels and knobby tires, but the cart is NOT lifted. I searched far and wide for wheels and tires that would look good, offer great traction, but NOT lift the cart since I wanted to keep the low end power and stability. It still sits a little higher than most with the upgraded suspension.

The cart is red and is in fair shape...it shows some wear and has had some rattle can touch up where some vinyl decals came off. I was planning to try some plasti-dip on in one of these days, but it really doesn't look too bad as it is. The ivory seats are free of tears and only minor stains for the age.

$3000 price is FIRM. Any less and wife says I can keep it. :)

Cart is currently located at Raccoon Lake just off of US 36 near Rockville, Indiana, about an hour west of Indianapolis. Delivery is a possibility as well for an additional fee, after purchase. Cash or cashiers check (during banking hours only) for payment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (298.0 KB, 0 views)
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 Gas w/ Plowman's Performance Kit Alloy Wheels

Sold
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts