lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
aforsberg
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Electric Ezgo Battery Charge (Batteries or controller?)

I have an older ezgo (pic attached) and its acting up. Last week I could drive it around like the batteries were decent it would go up little hills and such, and this week it wont even go up my driveway after an overnight charge! (My drive way is just a slight incline, should be NO problem)..

The owner i got it from before said that it used to be able to pull his f350 around but something was wrong with it (Not the batteries, he replaced those and said it didn't fix the problem) so i bought it for 150 and like I said, it just is getting worse and now cant make it up my driveway...

Could it be the controller is going bad? How can i find out?

Thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (71.3 KB, 11 views)
aforsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
odins701
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electric Ezgo Battery Charge (Batteries or controller?)

did you try following the diagnostic tips under EZGO of this forum. Its the second one down. Very usefull. What is your over all voltage reading accross the batteries? If its low, then check the voltage drop accross each battery, if those are good then clean your connections ect ect.
odins701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
aforsberg
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmm I couldn't Find that.. Would you mind sending a link?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aforsberg View Post
I have an older ezgo (pic attached) and its acting up. Last week I could drive it around like the batteries were decent it would go up little hills and such, and this week it wont even go up my driveway after an overnight charge! (My drive way is just a slight incline, should be NO problem)..

The owner i got it from before said that it used to be able to pull his f350 around but something was wrong with it (Not the batteries, he replaced those and said it didn't fix the problem) so i bought it for 150 and like I said, it just is getting worse and now cant make it up my driveway...

Could it be the controller is going bad? How can i find out?

Thanks guys
I would expect a cart that old to be a resistor cart, not a controller cart.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
aforsberg
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Amazingly enough I have been told its a controller, but I have attached a photo of it just incase someone needs to correct me

I just tried to figure out how it is wired and I had to walk away. When I followed the wires from the battery the + Went to the solenoid, and the negitive went to the controller.. from there I am lost. LOL

Also, I don't believe it is the batteries becasue I swapped the 2 of the 6volters with my new charged up 12v Deep cell and it still didnt go unless i pushed it.

Any Ideas? Could the controller be slowly going bad?

Thanks so much guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg control.jpg (77.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
aforsberg
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ahh Please help! What could be broken that allows it to go, but not go like it should. It will move with a push, or on flat ground. It is like the batteries have a very weak charge or something, But they don't.. Controller? Motor? Ugh whats the problem!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
odins701
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Electric Ezgo Battery Charge (Batteries or controller?)

Quote:
Hmm I couldn't Find that.. Would you mind sending a link?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...agnostics.html
here is the link
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
odins701
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ahh Please help! What could be broken that allows it to go, but not go like it should. It will move with a push, or on flat ground. It is like the batteries have a very weak charge or something, But they don't.. Controller? Motor? Ugh whats the problem!
what is your total voltage accross the battery bank? How much voltage at the controller? Are the connections clean? what is the voltage across each battery? Is there a battery in backwards? The batteries are to be wired in series with each other IE: + - + - + - + - + - + - each + - should be above 6Volts and reading the first + and the last - should be more than 36V All connections need to be very clean and tight.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Amazingly enough I have been told its a controller, but I have attached a photo of it just incase someone needs to correct me

I just tried to figure out how it is wired and I had to walk away. When I followed the wires from the battery the + Went to the solenoid, and the negitive went to the controller.. from there I am lost. LOL

Also, I don't believe it is the batteries becasue I swapped the 2 of the 6volters with my new charged up 12v Deep cell and it still didnt go unless i pushed it.

Thanks so much guys
I know that I am confused here Your picture has a cable coming in from what I assume is the battery positive to the solenoid .(the single wire on right side) Then from the solenoid (left side of picture) you have two cables...one should go to the B+ on the controller.... where does the other cable go? Added info.... Yes you have a controller cart. No I don't think the controller is the problem ...Yet....hang in there.

Last edited by iaefebs; 10-09-2009 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: added information
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
odins701
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Thanks so much guys
on the controller there is 3 small wire plugged in, with the power off unplug the black and white wires and read the resistance thru them, slowly pushing the petel watch the resistance change. you should get 0-6K ohms. lets us know what you get.
Had a chance to read some voltages yet?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO