lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #1
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Low Speed Driving

Good morning all,

I believe I read some answers to this question here but can't find it, so thought I would ask again. Is driving at half throttle or less in any way harmful to the individual components from batteries to motor?

My 99 CC's running gear is all stock except for the MCOR-4 installation to replace the V-glide. Smart move, that was!

Top speed is 13 to 14 MPH on flat ground which is more than enough for me even if I am in a hurry. I couldn't imagine myself driving any faster than that.

However, my wife and I prefer leisurely cruising around at 5 to 8 MPH, which is much easier to do with the MCOR than the V-glide. Are there any problems associated with low speed driving for 30 to 40 minutes?

I have checked all wiring [original 6 gauge] and operating components for heat but see no heat issues.

A sub-question regarding this: Would upgrading to 4 gauge wiring be a beneficial improvement under these operating characteristics?

Thanks for your help always,
Tom
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car