lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need for speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Have no idea what you will get. Just telling what I get with my set up. Was getting 21 to 22mph just by putting 48v thru 36v motor w/standard setup and tires.

CartTrader
yeah I was thinking about getting the bandit and was looking to get 25 mph. So it seems very doable now witth just the motor. I dont want a lift kit on my sparkie
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Based on your signature info - If you are already running 48v on a 36v motor now, you won't see that much boost with just a motor upgrade - the 25mph that BigBlock is getting is a little bit unusual - PLUS he is running an upgraded 48v Sepex motor; very different than your current Series motor. Oops - BigBlock isn't even in this thread - but I still think a motor swap from 48v on 36v to an upgraded motor may not take you that far.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #23
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Based on your signature info - If you are already running 48v on a 36v motor now, you won't see that much boost with just a motor upgrade - the 25mph that BigBlock is getting is a little bit unusual - PLUS he is running an upgraded 48v Sepex motor; very different than your current Series motor. Oops - BigBlock isn't even in this thread - but I still think a motor swap from 48v on 36v to an upgraded motor may not take you that far.
Got to agree with joesam. Upgrading to the bandit on a 36v motor only got me another ~2 MPH with my 48v setup, plus I got torque back.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #24
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hmm even plumquicks web site says speed up to 25 mph.... keep in mind I have almost every upgrade that he has except the lift kit, 8:1 gears and new motor

Hmmm on a second note are we talking about the same thing? The one I am talking about has a stock 36v motor
Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #25
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes - but PQ rebuilds many kinds of motors - and some people do see 25mph with one of their Bandit upgrades. I just don't happen to think your one of those people! The biggest speed improvements with Bandit motors I have read about on this site , appear to be Sepex motors (assuming my old memory isn't failing me)- yours is Series.

However, PQ has other motor offerings that will likely do exactly what your looking for.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #26
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
500 amp Altrax controller, heavy duty solenoid and F/R switch,2 gauge wires, 6" Jakes lift, 23" tires, 8:1 rear end, 48v thru 36v motor. Was going to get a PQ motor but decided I was fast enough and or wait till 36v motor gave out.

CartTrader

Quote:
Yes - but PQ rebuilds many kinds of motors - and some people do see 25mph with one of their Bandit upgrades. I just don't happen to think your one of those people! The biggest speed improvements with Bandit motors I have read about on this site , appear to be Sepex motors (assuming my old memory isn't failing me)- yours is Series.

However, PQ has other motor offerings that will likely do exactly what your looking for.
You are correct, it is a series motor. I was just basing what I said off the above post. His cart should also be a series motor.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #27
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep - but an 8:1 rear end - I've been in carts with those (that are bone stock otherwise) - they wind up kinda slowly but absolutely fly. But the bone stock cart I was in (Yamaha) - couldn't climb a mole hill without building up speed first (exaggeration....but not much).
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #28
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yep - but an 8:1 rear end - I've been in carts with those (that are bone stock otherwise) - they wind up kinda slowly but absolutely fly. But the bone stock cart I was in (Yamaha) - couldn't climb a mole hill without building up speed first (exaggeration....but not much).
lol I sure don't want that...I normally have 4 passengers when I ride
Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #29
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Wait - the Yamaha I was in actually did 35mph - I think it was an even higher ratio than 8:1. It was the highest available - whatever that is.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #30
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

89GatorClub, I contacted PQ after I installed my Bandit & they said that 25mph is for the sepex motors. I was running 22, now run 24. I was expecting to get much more speed (wrong on my part) but I really do like the motor.
I too normally have 3 to 4 on the cart and climb some pretty steep hills & the motor is great for that. Plus the speed is definitely there.
Just wanted to give my results with my set up.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car