lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Thoroughly Confused ! ! !

Hoping one of the GURU's here can shed some light on this for me.

I've been reading the forums and was under the assumption that if I purchased 12x7 SS112's in a 5+2 offset they would fit under the cart (ezgo) without sticking out.

Here's where I get confused:

After ordering what was listed as "" ITP SS112 machine and black 12" x 7" with a 5+2 offset 4 on 4 lug pattern which fit EZ-GO, CLUB CAR, and YAMAHA carts ""

I called the company to see if they were on back order as they never sent me a tracking #.. Person on phone states " they're hitting my door tomorrow, however, his description is wrong that ipt only makes a 2+5 and a 4+3 offset.... WTF????? So I call IPT and customer support says they only make a 3.5+3.5 or 2+5 for carts in a 4x4 bolt pattern!!!

What am I missing here?
muscle_cars_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thoroughly Confused ! ! !

One of the street rod guys will have the answer but I know ITP used to make the 5+2 ... It may be that it's no longer made?
Wheel manufactures change styles and sizes monthly!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

That's fine if they don't make them anymore but the company I bought them from better not give me any static when they go back to their doorstep for selling me something that the description is wrong on.....

Everyone I know has lifted carts and thats not my cup of tee. The thought never crossed my mind that these can be lowered so I was content with a totally stock cart , until I found this site and was enlightened on the works of art most of you have sculpted. I'd rather have the stock wheels vs. the late 80's early 90's fad/style of wheels with the wrong offset sticking way out from the fenders!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I can tell you that they make both the 5+2 and the 2+5 in the 110mm pattern for ATV's, 5+2 front, 2+5 back. The numbers have to add up to 7 on a 7" rim, so if ITP told you 2+5 on 4x4 pattern, that may be what you are going to get. I agree, it is confusing.....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We never have this problem on lifted carts
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We never have this problem on lifted carts

I never seem to take the easy route! That's the story of my life!! Do it the Hard Way or don't do it at all.....

If there's a site vender on here that's able to actually give me the info I seek on their wheels, I'd gladly refuse the wheels that are on their way instead of taking a chance of them being ( whatever offset they sent) & wrong and purchase from a site vendor/sponsor that knows what they are selling!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

ITP makes (or used to) a few offset wheels (5+2) that fit under the cart. I think they originally did this for the Precedent carts. Other manufactures may also make a different offset but I am unsure of who. Do a search on here and look at Hotcats build thread, Volvo660r, and of course TerryH. They all have the offset wheels that tuck and I believe they are all ITP wheels.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to TerryH...........

He took the time and effort to make phone calls clear this up for a total stranger!!

For others that may run across this issue, Here's the skinny:

Stretch part# MS-0-183.( They list it as 5+2 )

The answer TerryH received after making a call for a total stranger that clears the muddy water:

The issue is that ITP has changed their description from 5x2 to 4x3 but it is the same wheel.

Hope this explanation will be useful to others in the future!

Again, I can't say enough for what Terry did for a total stranger!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
smp258
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Soooo.... what are the actual dimensions of the wheel? 5x2 or 4x3?
smp258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry for the late reply.... Wheels came in so I decided to load the cart up and take it to my garage ( cart looked pretty funny on the lift ) My guess is 4+3 ... They def. don't stick out past the wheel wells... Will take a pic later on tonight & post so you can see what they look like installed.

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!