lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Carryall-II Need help

Family member dropped off a Carryall-11 today. E9628 Has been setting in garage for a few years. Batteries all dead. It has a electric dump bed on it how can I raise the bed to replace batteries. First time working on one of these. It is 48 volt.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default re: Carryall-II Need help

If it's the hydraulic bed I think you have to crawl under it and remove the pin from the top end of the hydraulic cylinder where it meets the bed.

There is usually a release system for the hydraulics on the side of the pump assembly so fluid from the cylinder will bypass the valve mechanism, but I don't know for sure if they had that on the pumps that CC used.

If it's an electric linear actuator those usually run on 12V and you can connect a 12V battery to lift it. You would have to check the actuator for a model/info sticker to see.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
If it's the hydraulic bed I think you have to crawl under it and remove the pin from the top end of the hydraulic cylinder where it meets the bed.

There is usually a release system for the hydraulics on the side of the pump assembly so fluid from the cylinder will bypass the valve mechanism, but I don't know for sure if they had that on the pumps that CC used.

If it's an electric linear actuator those usually run on 12V and you can connect a 12V battery ricto lift it. You would have to check the actuator for a model/info sticker to see.
Thanks Fairtax. It looks to be electric. Has a small motor on this lift cyl. with a red and blue wire running to it from a switch. It also has what looks like a voltage reducer on it for the motor???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9830143F-670B-4274-8E53-FA755C6B49CB.jpg (133.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Is That black box what you think is a reducer?

The hydraulic ones have a circuit breaker/fuse and a relay. I would assume that on the electric carts there would be some sort of reducer but that box looks too small to be one.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #5
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did find a wire diagram on it. It does look like it is a fuse panel. Like you said I need to look at motor for a ID plate to see what voltage it is. May just disconnect lift cyl. And raise it manually for now so I can get to batteries.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I would imagine it's probably 12V. Can you follow the wires from the switch and see where they connect to the pack?
Old 09-01-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I would imagine it's probably 12V. Can you follow the wires from the switch and see where they connect to the pack?
Yes Fairtax we’ll do that tomorrow. Not at the cart right now. Will trace wires and see how it is hook up.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I realize the pack is under the bed and not easily accessible, just didn't know if maybe you can see from the seat area if both wires go to one side of the cart which may suggest they're only connected to 2 batteries, or if they split and go to separate sides.

Is it a 6x8v pack or an 8x6v pack?
Old 09-01-2019, 11:48 PM   #9
alchemy
Gone Wild

if he pulled the connectors and they were the only wires going to the motor I don't see what it could hurt touching 12V to it and see if it works? Unless it were AC maybe? I'd bet it's 12VDC too. Even if it were 24 or 48VDC I don't think it would hurt, just run slower. I've ran a 90VDC motor with a 0-24V variable controller for 15 years now.
My 2011 owners manual has carryall 2 but doesn't mention details of the dump assembly, just the manual dump. I'll look further.
This is assuming the ram would be hard to disconnect in that position.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:50 AM   #10
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
if he pulled the connectors and they were the only wires going to the motor I don't see what it could hurt touching 12V to it and see if it works? Unless it were AC maybe? I'd bet it's 12VDC too. Even if it were 24 or 48VDC I don't think it would hurt, just run slower. I've ran a 90VDC motor with a 0-24V variable controller for 15 years now.
My 2011 owners manual has carryall 2 but doesn't mention details of the dump assembly, just the manual dump. I'll look further.
This is assuming the ram would be hard to disconnect in that position.
Ha Alchemy, I did have time to check some of the wires when it first arrived. It has just 2 wires going to the motor a blue and a red. They run to the switch up front. I did think that if it was 48 volt or even 16 volt. 12 volts would not hurt it. I just second guess myself when it comes to the electrically side of golf carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car