lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Gained almost 2 MPH today

Well a long story but I will try to be concise. I have a what seems to be tires out of balance. I decided to rotate front to back and see if it changed any. It did not change, but I also wanted to check tires out of round so I spun the tires on the front to see if they were round. They were but I noticed that the tire only spun a couple of revolutions. Hmmm. So I pulled the cap of the hub and found the problem. Never serviced since 2003, caked and hard grease. No worries I will just pull and re-pack. What a difference. Here is the rub. I did a check run and now the cart goes 24.3 mph on the test run. Was clocking consistently 22.1 mph. Now I will have to raise the Ohms another 500 or so on the speed reducer to slow the puppy back down to 20 mph. I have not tested at full speed yet, but I suspect it will not be as much gain above 33 mph mark.

So I do have one question. Do folks balance Cart tires? I ride on the streets and have relatively smooth tread tires. Can they be balanced at the local tire shops?

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car