lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default I am really confused....

hey guys restoring my 1985 club car royal ride and I am stumped. Not an expert in these old resistor carts. They seem very simple but Im confused.

All of the wires going from the microswitch box to the 5 solenoids have been cut and crimped over the years it was messy. Today, I pulled open the microswitch box and put new wiring. In addition, 3 of the solenoids looked older than the other two so I put 3 new solenoids and used the two old but newer looking ones.

I reconnected the battery cables, put it in forward turned the key on and the cart takes off without me pressing on the gas. I quickly shut off the key and it stopped. The thing that has me stumped is that if I have it in gear, push down the gas pedal and then turn the key on, it doesn't move. The second I left off the pedal it takes off again.

Im sure I have it all wired correctly, I took pictures before I took it apart to reference.

Cart was working fine before ( I know if it ain't broke don't fix it but it was just so messy it was bothering me)

Any ideas? Thanks
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I am really confused....

btw the master solenoid which i believe is the one all the way on the drivers side is one of the three that are new solenoids....
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds to me like there is a problem with the slide in the micro-switch box.
Wildbillw
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

thank you very much! Went back in and checked again. Found out I installed the switches backwards!! So it guess it was running wide open yikes!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car