lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
GolfDRx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Brake Wiring Marathon '86

Need a little advice/troubleshooting help on hooking up led brake lights to '86 Marathon please:
Here is what I have done already:
1. 36v to 12v converter attached to Fuse Bar
2. 6 slot Fuse Bar (+ and -) bus
3. Fog Lights w/rocker switch, relay and fuse attached to Fuse Bar.....Lights work perfectly!
4. Attached brake switch to brake pedal...https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pict...ictureid=30399
5. Wiring for brake lights as follows:
a. Connected Black from passenger side back jumped to black on driver side back routed to (-) side bus on fuse bar. This black line is also positap connected to the black on the switch pad from above.
b. Connected white wires from passenger and driver side together using positap connectors and then routed them to the (-) ground on my 2nd battery.
c. Connected Red wires from passenger side back to driver side back with positap connectors that then are routed to the (+) side fuse bar with a 20amp fuse. This wire is also poistap connected to the red wire from brake pad switch.

Brake lights do not work when the brake pedal with switch pad is engaged. I am wondering if I have missed something? I have followed diagrams of other vehicles on here, but am wondering if there is something else I need to be doing.

Hopefully I was able to explain enough to get some needed help.

Thank you
GolfDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
GolfDRx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brake Wiring Marathon '86

So, I was just wondering if for some reason I might have missed something?
Do I need to get a brake relay? or can I tap into the rocker switch relay for the brakes? My only thought on that would be that the rocker switch would have to be on for the brakes to work which in turn would cause the lights to have to run all the time.

So, do I need to add a separate rocker switch with relay for the brakes?

Confusion....Need some advice.

I can get pictures, but not sure what you would want to see based off my original post.

Thank you
GolfDRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO