lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2021, 06:58 AM   #1
deesray7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Easy Removal of Rear Brake Cable Retention Clip

I'm new to the site so let me start off by saying thanks to everyone's input, as it has been very helpful to come here to confirm my thoughts on several recent cart modifications/upgrades. Therefore, I wanted to post as a return favor in the event it may provide anyone with any assistance in the future.

After replacing my rear brake components on my lifted 2008 Precedent cart, I decided to do the "brake flip" to release some tension on the driver side brake cable. This required removing the brake cables from the retention brackets, which requires uniform pressure to compress the prongs that hold the clip in place.

The easiest way I found (since I didn't have the "special tool") was to use a keyed hose clamp. The first pic shows how I initially installed the clamp, leaving about 1/8" of prong exposed in order to slide into the metal holding bracket. The second pic shows the prongs starting to compress as I tightened the hose clamp. The last pic shows the prongs fully compressed, which now allows you to slide the clip 1/8" forward into the metal bracket. While keeping forward pressure on the brake cable, loosen the hose clamp, and slide the clip forward through the bracket. It literally took seconds to complete once the clamp was initially installed around the clip. Hope this eventually helps someone, and I apologize if this has been previously posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (56.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (58.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (54.6 KB, 0 views)
deesray7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Easy Removal of Rear Brake Cable Retention Clip

Welcome to the Looney Bin, Good idea.....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:48 AM   #3
deesray7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Welcome to the Looney Bin, Good idea.....
Haha, thank you Sir!
deesray7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I've been doing this for years on cars and trucks. Works great!
Good pics and explanation!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car