lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2021, 09:33 AM   #1
Parzivel
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon I40L Mods

My I40L was delivered on Monday and the forum has been a great resource. I'm just a noob, but I'm learning a lot...thank you.

I've decided to add the spacers, but was thinking of going with 1.5" instead of 2". Will these be enough to add stability at higher speeds?

Also wondering if anyone has a recommendation on rear arm rests. I ordered a set from Amazon, but the arms weren't long enough for the mounting hardware. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a certain style that has worked well for everyone?

Finally I was thinking about a backup camera...probably more flare than function, but it might be cool. For anyone that has a camera; is it useful or am I just tinkering?

I'd love to hear about other mods that you would recommend. (I do plan on adding a sound bar and I've already done the under lighting)

Thanks again.
Parzivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon I40L Mods

I have the 2" spacers and love them. They definitely add stability. My only issue with them is the excessive tire wear they cause when turning. The wheel tracking is off quite a bit so any type of turning will cause sliding instead of rolling.

There is some water splash since the tires are out further. So, I would say a 1/2 inch less on each side would provide marginally better tire wear and less water splash.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
Burt Bronson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzivel View Post
My I40L was delivered on Monday and the forum has been a great resource. I'm just a noob, but I'm learning a lot...thank you.

I've decided to add the spacers, but was thinking of going with 1.5" instead of 2". Will these be enough to add stability at higher speeds?

Also wondering if anyone has a recommendation on rear arm rests. I ordered a set from Amazon, but the arms weren't long enough for the mounting hardware. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a certain style that has worked well for everyone?

Finally I was thinking about a backup camera...probably more flare than function, but it might be cool. For anyone that has a camera; is it useful or am I just tinkering?

I'd love to hear about other mods that you would recommend. (I do plan on adding a sound bar and I've already done the under lighting)

Thanks again.
I just installed 1.5 inch wheel spacers and I think they are fine for a 40L ... the ride feels much more stable and the tires just poke out past the fender flares. I think if I had a 60L I would go with the 2in spacers due to the longer wheel base.
Burt Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:11 PM   #4
peterlada
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Bronson View Post
I just installed 1.5 inch wheel spacers and I think they are fine for a 40L ... the ride feels much more stable and the tires just poke out past the fender flares. I think if I had a 60L I would go with the 2in spacers due to the longer wheel base.
Do you have the amazon link handy?
peterlada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #5
Burt Bronson
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlada View Post
Do you have the amazon link handy?
https://www.amazon.com/4pc-1-0-Thick...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

This is the link but it only shows the 1 inch spacers ... I guess they sold out of the 1.5 inch
Burt Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:07 PM   #6
johnsonca2
Not Yet Wild

Just purchased/pre ordered a floor mat for my 21’ I40L. Been waiting for them to be available for awhile now. It’s made specifically for the icon carts
johnsonca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:21 AM   #7
StracDnomyar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonca2 View Post
Just purchased/pre ordered a floor mat for my 21’ I40L. Been waiting for them to be available for awhile now. It’s made specifically for the icon carts
Where'd you get it from? Would love to see some pics once installed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
StracDnomyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:56 PM   #8
johnsonca2
Not Yet Wild

https://www.xtremematsgolf.com/produ...=shopify_email
johnsonca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:46 PM   #9
StracDnomyar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonca2 View Post
Wow that looks sharp, would love to see it on your cart once installed. Unfortunately they don't currently make an i60L version...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
StracDnomyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 06:30 PM   #10
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Bronson View Post
Hi Burt,
I have a new i40L and am trying to decide if I should have my husband install the wheel spacers. I super love the cart although it can feel a little squirrely sometimes. The thing that worried me the most is I let my teen goddaughter drive it. She's never driven anything before and hadn't yet learned how to stop herself from panicking a little and jerking the wheel to correct when she hits a bump and the cart strays a little. She didn't even come close to accidentally flipping the thing but there was a time or two when it didn't feel as stable as I'd like it to feel. I've already helped her correct the steering wheel jerking issue, but still - it got me thinking about how to make things more stable. Do you feel like the wheel spacers make a significant difference? I've read elsewhere that they make the cart look cooler but the stability part wasn't clear. If you could elaborate about that a little I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Heather
HDaugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon