lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2023, 09:03 PM   #1
universe_in_a_nutshell
Not Yet Wild

Default My Art Car(t) based off an EZGO Workhorse

I purchased a 1998 EZGO Workhorse with the intent to radically mutate it into an art car (or mutant vehicle) for Burning Man in 2019. I finally completed it in time for the return of the burn last year in 2022.

It's called "The Universe in a Nutshell" and represents an atom/galaxy contained within a walnut shell, inspired by the artwork on the cover of Stephen Hawking's book with the same name.

I tore off the whole body and bed and welded a custom steel square tube frame to the cart's frame, and then riveted and shaped the aluminum sheet metal to simulate the shape of a walnut. there are over 1000 LEDs on the skin and the atom/galaxy sculpture. It has a custom galaxy themed plush interior lounge space.

Underneath it all is a Workhorse that's basically bone stock. It caries 5 passengers easily but I may have overloaded it with 7 or 8 people...

here is a pic during construction:

Unfortunately I didn't spend enough time checking the engine or doing much preventative maintenance, and it overheated and started seizing up after a few days. Since then I pulled the motor and had it bored .5mm over, and have just gotten it mounted back in the cart. I want to gear it down to improve the torque and slow it down, as there is a 5mph speed limit at the event anyway.

I also want to look into improving airflow to keep the engine cool now that it's more boxed in by all the bodywork. I might drill holes in the aluminum and make ducting to the fan. Maybe add an electric fan. Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers!
universe_in_a_nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2023, 05:53 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: My Art Car(t) based off an EZGO Workhorse

WoW!! Very cool.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:57 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My Art Car(t) based off an EZGO Workhorse

Way cool !! Also way too late but if you had gone with an electric newer cart you can set the speed limit to whatever you wanted.. 5 for the event and up to 19.5 for elsewhere.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides