lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
Stano7
Getting Wild

Default Reverse buzzer

Hi all, I was told by dealer not to unplug the reverse buzzer because it will break a circuit. Is this true? Has anyone unplugged the thing? It's annoying.

Also, has anyone wired a backup camera? How do you wire into the reverse switch so it knows you're going in reverse? I'm looking to add this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q85L22L...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
Parzivel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reverse buzzer

I unplugged mine and haven't had any issues.

Pretty sure you can plug into the connector that goes to the backup horn. "mbrown55" posted a thread about this titled "Things I’ve done so far." with a link to the camera he used. Good luck
Parzivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #3
Stano7
Getting Wild

Thanks Parzivel!
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

For safety I left mine plugged in. I did stuff it full with a rag and covered that with duct tape. The noise is greatly reduced as a result. Still loud enough to warn people but not so annoying.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #5
ATrain
Gone Wild

You can safely unplug it. That's must be a joke.

You can even disable in the software.

My first cart had the buzzer plugged in. Second one the dealer unplugged it before he delivered it. It's fine.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As dealers we are not allowed to unplug a safety feature on a cart (it opens up liability issues which usually leads to Lawsuits) ,probably just covering his butt…that being said I use an ear plug into the reverse buzzer with tape around it…barely notice it at all unless your listening for it…
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
As dealers we are not allowed to unplug a safety feature on a cart (it opens up liability issues which usually leads to Lawsuits) ,probably just covering his butt…that being said I use an ear plug into the reverse buzzer with tape around it…barely notice it at all unless your listening for it…
In CA, the backup buzzer is not required, so I would imagine it's similar to removing excess reflective tape on the cart...just personal preference.

My dealer may have done it only for me because he knows me pretty well.

I do recall reading a news story where a death happened involving a golf cart where the buzzer was disconnected (and a few other things), and that came a little into play...but that was primarily to show contributing elements and for negotiation with an insurance settlement. AND it was a rental unit on private property....very different situation than a personal vehicle.

Disconnecting it yourself shouldn't incur any liability as long as your state doesn't require it and it won't cause any issues either. I'd put some tape on it though because when you put it in reverse, those lines DO get 12v, so if the two ends of the connector somehow got bridged or something...it would blow a fuse.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon