lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
Bassdeer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default New Owner (Maybe a problem)

Picking up my first golf cart this a few weeks ago. Would like to do any mods I can do to it will help from members here. Just learning so all help is appreciated .

Info on the cart.
2008 Club Car Precedent with Kawasaki motor
MadJax lift kit
14” rims with 23” tires
Tinted windshield
Front clays basket
Full light kit and led under glow lights
Extended roof
Carbon fiber dash insert with radio and kicker 6.5’s

So got the cart home and found the first problem, (this was after driving through a bunch of rain)

Problem: Push gas down and nothing happens, If I hit the brake pedal a few times it will start. Is the switch in the brake pedal area or somewhere else? Or is my problem somewhere else. Search the net and can't find much.

So after getting in there I don't see any wires coming from the brake pedal and now after moving some wires around by the gas pedal it seems to be working as it should. Both of these deals have a wire coming from the brake switch(not sure what they are one has a reset button on it,)

GCOR? could that be my problem?

Update: It's been a few weeks now and have not had the problem happen?
wondering if it something was wet from the rain.

Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: New Owner (Maybe a problem)

Starting doesn't have anything to do with the brakes. Or at least its not supposed to, unless someone hack jobbed the wiring. (which is entirely possible).

The thing with the reset button is a circuit breaker, to protect the brake wiring circuit. The other part is a timer so the brake lights turn off after a certain period of time.
Possible the GCOR is going bad, but you won't really know now until it stops working again.
The Green and Orange wires going into the GCOR are for the starter switch. Orange is 12v coming from the negative side of the solenoid, green is negative going out to the FnR limit switch. Should have battery voltage on the orange wire with Key On. Press the pedal that should drop to 0. If it does not drop to 0 check for the same voltage on the green wire. If the green wire has same voltage, check the limit switch at the FnR lever.
If the green wire has no voltage the GCOR is bad.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
Bassdeer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New Owner (Maybe a problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Starting doesn't have anything to do with the brakes. Or at least its not supposed to, unless someone hack jobbed the wiring. (which is entirely possible).

The thing with the reset button is a circuit breaker, to protect the brake wiring circuit. The other part is a timer so the brake lights turn off after a certain period of time.
Possible the GCOR is going bad, but you won't really know now until it stops working again.
The Green and Orange wires going into the GCOR are for the starter switch. Orange is 12v coming from the negative side of the solenoid, green is negative going out to the FnR limit switch. Should have battery voltage on the orange wire with Key On. Press the pedal that should drop to 0. If it does not drop to 0 check for the same voltage on the green wire. If the green wire has same voltage, check the limit switch at the FnR lever.
If the green wire has no voltage the GCOR is bad.
Cool, thanks for your help. If it acks up again I'll check that out.
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car