lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 02:38 PM   #1
dmndef
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Alltrax Controller

I have a 1986 G2, have done all the upgrades, reversing contactors, sednoid, cables, rebuilt D&D motor and the Alltrax SR48600. I am on my fourth controller. Keeps burning out the high current circuit on the controller. Anybody have ideas. Or is it time to change to a different controller?
Thanks
dmndef is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Alltrax Controller

That is very unusual! Have you had any contact with Alltrax about this? I have no experience with the SR controllers but I have two carts with XCT 500 amp controllers and I have never had a controller issue.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #3
dmndef
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have gone through all the troubleshooting with Alltrax. They have replaced the controller under warranty. Runs for a month or so then starts giving me problems. I just want to get it going and not have to worry about when it is going to go out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmndef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like something is taking out the controller. I would think that Alltrax might have some suggestions of things to look at. Not much can go wrong with such a simple system though. I would suspect a faulty motor based on my EV experience.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha