lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #21
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LiFePO4 vs. NMC Chemistry

I'm not sure if you realized this but the cart converted by TMZ222 is a Precedent. They have a completely different battery tray, frame layout and compartment setup than our earlier DS's have.

The frames of the DS's are raised in the battery compartment. The dimensions of the HSKY just will not fit. I tried every possible configuration visualized in mine. It is a no-go as far as I can tell.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #22
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
I'm not sure if you realized this but the cart converted by TMZ222 is a Precedent. They have a completely different battery tray, frame layout and compartment setup than our earlier DS's have.

The frames of the DS's are raised in the battery compartment. The dimensions of the HSKY just will not fit. I tried every possible configuration visualized in mine. It is a no-go as far as I can tell.
I am contemplating positioning the HSKY lengthwise between the 2 frame rails.
With the wheels and black frame removed the battery is supposed to be 18" in length. That should just fit between the aluminum cross piece behind the battery area and the F/R switch.
Orient so that the volt meter and switch face the driver's side, and the connector and fuse will be facing the passenger side.
The battery will need a support frame the entire length, but should not be a problem.
Think that'll work ??
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronno6 View Post
How do you like the HSKY ??
So far I have no complaints. Run time seems to be great and no shutting down under any loads so far.
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #24
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I am contemplating positioning the HSKY lengthwise between the 2 frame rails.
With the wheels and black frame removed the battery is supposed to be 18" in length. That should just fit between the aluminum cross piece behind the battery area and the F/R switch.
Orient so that the volt meter and switch face the driver's side, and the connector and fuse will be facing the passenger side.
The battery will need a support frame the entire length, but should not be a problem.
Think that'll work ??
I was going by the 21.5" dimension when I looked at everything. 18" without the cart bottom appears to make it doable.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #25
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
I was going by the 21.5" dimension when I looked at everything. 18" without the cart bottom appears to make it doable.

Maybe the aluminum strip at the rear could be drilled to mate with the bolt holes where the wheels had been attached and bolted for rear support??
Old 07-26-2021, 09:18 PM   #26
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Maybe the aluminum strip at the rear could be drilled to mate with the bolt holes where the wheels had been attached and bolted for rear support??
I know it’s not the same cart but that’s how I did it in the club car president I mounted it in. I used the bolt holes holding the bottom wheels on along with two of the holes that were holding the top of the handle, when I laid it on its back to attach it to my battery box that I built. Work very well.
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:06 PM   #27
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
I was told by BigBattery that the length without the wheels/frame was 18".
There is an installation vid out there in which the poster measures the length with out the wheels at 18-7/8" or so.
That could pose a problem.
I will endeavor to get that dimension nailed down in writing from BB.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #28
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I was told by BigBattery that the length without the wheels/frame was 18".
There is an installation vid out there in which the poster measures the length with out the wheels at 18-7/8" or so.
That could pose a problem.
I will endeavor to get that dimension nailed down in writing from BB.
Keep us posted on this. I may even want to get one if my rich uncle..........
Old 07-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #29
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Quote:
Keep us posted on this. I may even want to get one if my rich uncle..........
Well, nothing ever changes...........but, nothing stays the same.

I actually got someone as BB to physically measure the HSKY, and without wheels and frame, it measures 19"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now, I gotta see if I can make it fit........

The aluminum panel at the rear bay have to be modified.........we'll see.

Update
The plate behind the battery compartment holds the OBC, the controller and the solenoid. there appears to be plenty of room behind it to move it rearward an inch or 2........ I can tell more with the body removed.
Right now, it's just too darned HOT..........
But, I believe it is doable.

Actually, as that panel is not structural. I think the way to go is to unmount it from the frame and just attach to the rear of the battery via the former wheel mounting bosses.......
Old 07-27-2021, 03:35 PM   #30
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Well, nothing ever changes...........but, nothing stays the same.

I actually got someone as BB to physically measure the HSKY, and without wheels and frame, it measures 19"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now, I gotta see if I can make it fit........

The aluminum panel at the rear bay have to be modified.........we'll see.

Update
The plate behind the battery compartment holds the OBC, the controller and the solenoid. there appears to be plenty of room behind it to move it rearward an inch or 2........ I can tell more with the body removed.
Right now, it's just too darned HOT..........
But, I believe it is doable.

Actually, as that panel is not structural. I think the way to go is to unmount it from the frame and just attach to the rear of the battery via the former wheel mounting bosses.......
It is easy enough to move the controller and solenoid to the battery compartment. Then get rid of the OBC and do the bypass wiring from the OBC harness. Mount the controller and solenoid along with the voltage reducer, terminal bus bars, lighting controls and fuses, etc. on a metal plate on on the passenger side and mount the charger on the drivers side. Nice and clean setup.

Then you will have ready access to all of the operating components except the motor without working through the bagwell.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car