lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
Reliableone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Lithium for Yamaha UMAX Rally

I'm replacing the eight six volt batteries in my 2022 UMAX Rally 2+2 with a lithium 51V 105ah battery, probably from Ecobattery, I haven't decided for sure yet. I'm also going to change out the controller, probably for Navitas, as the speed on these carts is limited to 15 mph. I've already had two local dealers tell me the speed can't be re-programmed on the UMAX models. I'm only looking for about 23-25 mph and Navitas says their 600 amp kit for 2017+ Drive 2 Yamaha's will easily do that. I have a question about adding accessories. I have experience with house and small appliance wiring but very little with vehicles. Where or how do I splice into (at what point) the wiring for the current Yamaha 12V converter. I've studied the wiring diagram but it hasn't really answered the question for me. Alternatively, is there a problem with running two converters off the lithium battery. Leave the current wire loom alone and just run the accessories off a second 12V converter. A new converter is part of the Ecobattery bundle.
Reliableone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha