lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 Lifted engine replacement options???

got a 2016 Yamaha G29 with 6" a-arm lift and still on factory batteries and all electrical components.
My original 2016 batteries are starting to wear down and the water inside is even turning a very light brownish so i know they are on the way out and have shockingly lasted this long.
Im looking at whether it makes more sense to do a full battery, motor, controller replacement ( probably lithium) or just trade cart for a newer one that has maybe a 3-4 " lift and is already setup?
Absolutely love the way mine looks with the 14" wheels and the Havoc kit but interested in converting to lithium setup and would like to get a few more MPH out of it. currently i max out at about 15mph unloaded, however with the seriously sketchy mad jax lift kit im almost nervous to up the speed to 20-25mph as well as finding a way to increase torque as well.
What are your opinions?
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 05:23 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 Lifted engine replacement options???

scottyb is the man.

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/home.html
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Yah I figure I’ll order from him, I ordered one of his reducers a while back. My biggest hang up is if I add new batteries, new motor, new 500+amp controller will I even be able to keep that thing straight considering how squirrelly the a-arm lift already is? I keep it adjusted and have tried several different camber/toe adjustments but it just seems as though it will be a stiff swaying ride.
Don’t want to end up spending same amount as I could just trading my cart for a newer one setup somewhat like I want it already, that’s my main delimna
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts