lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
harley118
Not Yet Wild

Default Charge won’t last

2010 ez go 48 volt all new batteries, will run for maybe an hour of intermittent use, then it gets slow and jerks or hesitates on take off, any help would be appreciated.
harley118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Charge won’t last

First you will need to check each battery with a voltmeter.

My 48v cart just did this to me.

After a full charge, each 8v battery was only reading 8 volts which is 50%. After a 4 mile run they dropped to 7.6 and my cart did the same thing you explained.

My batteries were only 6 months old but I just bought the cart last week. Thinking the previous owner did not know how to maintain batteries and ran them dry.

Luckily the batteries were under warranty and will be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charge won’t last

I had an issue, not as bad as that, but in the same vein back when I had lead acid. For my issue the charger wasn't fully charging even though the charger thought it was.

As said, measure each battery individually with a voltmeter. Fully charge them, disconnect the charger and wait 12 to 24 hours. Then measure each battery and report back. Also, when you are charging the batteries do you hear the batteries boil in the latter half of the charge cycle? That's a good sign if you do.

Or, it could be you just have new batteries that need broken in. New batteries boil off the water more quickly than broken in batteries, so make sure that you have them properly filled with distilled water. Also with new batteries they gain a significant amount of capacity after the 10th or 15th cycle, can't remember for sure now since it's been so long. I do know I was amazed the first time I had new batteries and hit that mile marker, the range difference was quite noticeable for me.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO