lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #31
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear End Noise

If I did keep just bend those and wanted to try to remove the armature, somehow would have to pull it out the other direction?
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2021, 09:19 PM   #32
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
Oh it's out, on the bench in that pic...you nailed, from bad to worse, grrr... pretty sure I bent the bracket holding the brushes... now debating on total rebuild of stock motor or somehow find one to buy or swap with some cash and get me going.. was planning on taking with us out of town next weekend. Plans change though [emoji15]
Out of town wouldn't be anywhere near Ohio, would it? I got a complete rear-end wheels/springs and all with motor laying in my garage from a 95 CC DS that I pulled out, I put an ATV motor and rear-end in the buggy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210725_221109035.jpg (250.4 KB, 0 views)
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:55 PM   #33
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On these the armature has to go out through the other end once the end cap is off.
Did you remove the two small flat head screws in the end? Those hold the bearing retainer that keeps the armature in place.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:32 AM   #34
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Out of town wouldn't be anywhere near Ohio, would it? I got a complete rear-end wheels/springs and all with motor laying in my garage from a 95 CC DS that I pulled out, I put an ATV motor and rear-end in the buggy...
No sir, headed south to Stienhatchee Fl for some scallops and fishing! Thank you very much for the offer though!
Old 07-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #35
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
On these the armature has to go out through the other end once the end cap is off.

Did you remove the two small flat head screws in the end? Those hold the bearing retainer that keeps the armature in place.
Yessir, I did remove those 2 screws and couldn't get them to line back up when putting "back together". So I'm going to make some calls and see what I can come up with today. Thanks for all the help too by the way. This forum has been a great help no doubt.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:27 AM   #36
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok got the bearing off. Brought the motor to work, locked the coupler down in the vise, used some heat gun heat on the back plate, tapped the back with rubber hammer and lifted housing right off of the armature like it should. Brush bracket is definitely ok, but the brushes and armature have noticeable grooves. We have a lathe and a guy here that can whittle it down but should I even do that when the brushes are grooved pretty deep too? Or just get the bearing in it this evening and put back together and let it eat until I do an actual upgrade?
Old 07-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #37
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you replace the brushes then I would cut the commutator, but if you just want to pop it back together then don't do anything to it.

The bearing retainer is all kinds of fun to get lined back up. Stand the armature up on the coupler, and use wood blocks to get the motor case to sit at the right height so the brushes are lined up with the comm. Set the retainer so it's centered around the bearing. Place the end cap over the bearing and press down, now you need a longer screw of the same thread pitch to reach in, thread into the retainer and pick it up.
Thread in one original screw into the opposite hole just until it grabs, then remove the long screw and thread in the second original screw, and tighten both.
When you flip the motor back over, support the armature with your hand so it doesn't accidentally slip out of the bearing. It shouldn't, but don't take or granted that it wont. Even a small amount of wear or difference in the bearing inner diameter can mean it won't support the weight of the armature pulling against it. If the armature slips out of the brushes then you get to do it all over again.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #38
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice! I like the tip about the screwdriver. I'm sure you've seen the vid where the chinaman uses a rolled up paper towel and then pulls it out... I should be able to get it after a few attempts I'm sure lol. Thanks again man!! Huge help!
Old 07-26-2021, 05:36 PM   #39
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Results!![emoji16][emoji16] Came together just like it should! Gonna be able to bring it with us after all! Thanks for all the help and insight... only downside so far is now I can hear all the body and suspension squeaks haha!

Even have time to fix Mom her favorite... grilled drumsticks and corn!
Old 07-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #40
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You’re welcome man! Glad you’re back rolling!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car