lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
dill68
Not Yet Wild

Default wildcat 460

anyone have any thoughts on the wildcat 460 sold by eccarb
dill68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2021, 05:39 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: wildcat 460

Looks to be your standard Chinese clone engine. It's probably a "branded" product made for a particular distributor, much like a Predator 420 etc. Doesn't appear to be anything "high performance" etc.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:32 AM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If you look closely it has a 10 bolt front cover rather than the usual 7 bolts. It also has the extra ribbing on the top of the block along with the 69mm stroke crankshaft. These are all VC 460 like traits. Something different is the 4 bolt valve cover more like the small clones and the VC625. 2 other areas I noted are the extra shrouding around the cylinder head and the ribbing between the cylinder and the crankcase base. It Appears to to a better built clone like the VC460 was and maybe even stronger yet for a very competitive price.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #4
Notsoezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dill68 View Post
anyone have any thoughts on the wildcat 460 sold by eccarb
It does have good pricing
Notsoezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:33 PM   #5
dill68
Not Yet Wild

i ordered one be here first of the week
dill68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It will be interesting to see what rocker arms are under the very different valve cover ? It maybe a whole different cylinder head. I was surprised on my All Power 460 powered generator to find automotive type valves and keepers rather than the typical slip lock units. That engine is listed as being produced by JDAmerica.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:28 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Vegas Carts didn't design their own engine with the 440/460 and 625, they simply took what some Chinese engine factories had, changed some options, tweaked a few things, then commited to buy a certain volume of engines. No easy task though. They did change the golf cart repower market for sure.

So this Wildcat engine is likely a version of one of these clones, made to a particular companies specs. Obviously they see the need for a low priced large displacement repower clone engine, which it definitely fills that need. Glad to see someone is going to check it out, looking forward to finding more out about it.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Geoff actually imported a series of parts from china and at first offered them as a DIY kit OR they would assemble the engine is Vegas for a fee of $75 . My engine is one of those from 2014. HOWEVER since the engine was never imported assembled it was never EPA certified. Due to this he them offered them as DIY only while starting the importation of the EPA certified 625.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:56 AM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Geoff actually imported a series of parts from china and at first offered them as a DIY kit OR they would assemble the engine is Vegas for a fee of $75 . My engine is one of those from 2014. HOWEVER since the engine was never imported assembled it was never EPA certified. Due to this he them offered them as DIY only while starting the importation of the EPA certified 625.
Correct and agreed. My point was that VC did not manufacture their own parts, they were made by a factory in China and were tweaked designs that already existed. Most clones are like this, basically a copy and redesign of a copy. So this Wildcat is the same in that regard. All clones are distant cousins of each other and share similar design elements etc. None of these clone manufacturers did any real engineering, they all copied Honda GX390 and "improved" on that very successful engine design. Again, looking forward to seeing someone post about the actual engine to see if it's better than VC engines, or better than Lifan and Predator etc.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see they offer 2 versions now. One with an electric starter and one without. They mention performance parts in the listing BUT none there yet. I wonder if they are going to take over where Vegascarts left off ? I hope so
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps