lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Lithium batterys?? What battery do I buy or build????

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan86 View Post
I'm getting about 40-50 miles of range at 17mph and the reduced weight really makes the cart a pleasure to drive. Absolutely worth the cost.

A friend of mine just had the 48v 56 pack installed and they are also extremely happy. They are getting about 40 miles of range with that smaller pack on flat paved roads
I get 21 miles at 24mph, but I did notice when following a buddy with a slower cart that at lower speeds I get dramatically more range. His cart is an airport industrial cart, not a golf cart, with a top speed of 15mph. I have no idea how far I could have gone at that speed but it removed all my range anxiety. 15 is too slow but I do have the 3 mode personality switch so I may just set up an 'eco street' mode for one of the personalities. Maybe a max speed of 18 mph, max amp draw of 200 amps and 100 amps regen. It'd be interesting to see what that'd do to my range.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2021, 08:34 AM   #12
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO Lithium batterys?? What battery do I buy or build????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I get 21 miles at 24mph, but I did notice when following a buddy with a slower cart that at lower speeds I get dramatically more range. His cart is an airport industrial cart, not a golf cart, with a top speed of 15mph. I have no idea how far I could have gone at that speed but it removed all my range anxiety. 15 is too slow but I do have the 3 mode personality switch so I may just set up an 'eco street' mode for one of the personalities. Maybe a max speed of 18 mph, max amp draw of 200 amps and 100 amps regen. It'd be interesting to see what that'd do to my range.
we are completely flat ground here and usually just 2 adults. We are a freedom cart, but keep the speed limited to 18/19 mph and have regen that gets used heavily.

I learned the hard way recently that flat out long distance driving does not yeild the same range as or typical stop/go trips. Actually yea, about 1/2 now that I do the math... so your cart seems to be getting the same performance as ours.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO