lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Garage lift system

Had to lift new AC motor into cart. My back is not what it used to be, have trouble lifting heavy things like motors and batteries. So came up with a solution to help me. I purchased an electric hoist powered by AC power. This hoist is rated for 440lbs lift. Before every one jumps on me I only use it to lift about 120lbs. I used my garage door rails to carry the hoist. My garage door weighs about 220 lbs with the wood exterior on the garage door. The door is closed when I use the system.

I used a uninstrut channel track to span across the garage rails. I bolted two angle irons on each side of the strut to hold the garage door wheels. I drilled holes in the angle iron to hold the wheels. I purchased three trolly wheels to hold the hoist so it could slide back a forth across the uninstrut. I added extra support to the rails for the added weight of what the lifting hoist has to lift.

So far this system has worked ok for me, don’t use it very much just occasionally to lift stuff. In future want to beef up rafters in attic with 2X8 to give more support to lift for additional weight.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIMG_2258.jpg
IMG_2258.jpgIMG_2259.jpg
IMG_2260.jpg
IMG_2262.jpg
IMG_2263.jpg

Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Garage lift system

Trying to post pictures IMG_2373.jpg
IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2375.jpg

Sorry about sideway pictures but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2021, 06:30 PM   #3
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Garage lift system

Some one texted me about if I could open garage door with this installed. Yes I can open garage door. When I measured length of angle iron I made sure it was short enough to make room for garage door being open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2022, 09:29 PM   #4
JoeHynes
Not Yet Wild

Brilliant idea. I need this to save my back.
JoeHynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 07:08 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I put one in my garage like it many years ago. USed it to work on carts and to install gas & electric motors. Handy as heck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:13 PM   #6
LuckyStars
Not Yet Wild

If it works it ain't silly. Before you brace the trusses, could you bolt the rail to the ceiling and leave the garage door out of it? It would depend if the trusses run front to back or left to right.
If that beam isn't sagging with being bolted on just the ends it would be a lot stronger bolted every 2' like the trusses are spaced.
IMHO $0.02
LuckyStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #7
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I actually thought about that a while back but figured I wouldn’t use it very much. I did end up bolting my Harbor Freight hoist to a truss in the attic. I use it mostly for lifting a 35 gallon fuel tank off of my truck and on to the cart to fuel my boat. Also used it to lift a Navitas motor into my cart.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop