lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
Chris4851
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas Controller

Has anyone installed either of these in their Icon? I spoke with Navitas and they said they just came out with their 600A & 440A controller (photos attacked) for the Icon. I also asked if they recommend upgrading the stock 4kW motor for their 5kW and they said it wouldn’t be needed for either controller as it should handle very well. The on the fly programming is what really makes me lean towards upgrading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5DF63C53-8315-41B4-AF84-F47783682027.jpg (17.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 684648BA-B894-437D-AE96-80AFBFE589FD.jpg (18.6 KB, 0 views)
Chris4851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas Controller

Curious if you did this yet? I’m looking into upgrading to 600a controller and wish there was more info for the icon out there, just want to see how it came out
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
Chris4851
Not Yet Wild

I have not done this. Was looking for more information prior. But if I do it will likely coincide with a lithium upgrade as well. So it will be some time.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
racemrc
Not Yet Wild

I did the Yamaha version on an i40fl last year. Think it hit 35 plus on the drive back to the customers house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racemrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Will just changing out the controller to this 600 up the speed on my Icon i40 or do I still need to program it with the software to get the higher RPM's?
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:42 AM   #6
Chris4851
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalst View Post
Will just changing out the controller to this 600 up the speed on my Icon i40 or do I still need to program it with the software to get the higher RPM's?
I believe the NEOS software programs the stock controller. If you install the Navitas controller that would all be programmed via their app and the on the fly adjustments.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #7
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Have mine delivered, the 600a, am going to try and get it installed this weekend to test out.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:17 PM   #8
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
Have mine delivered, the 600a, am going to try and get it installed this weekend to test out.
Nice man! Cant wait to hear more on your install! Any link to this ? I tried to find it but couldnt!

Def look forward to your thoughts after install!
jimbrooks333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:55 AM   #9
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Have to talk to tech support next week when they’re open, got my stock controller off, which was a complete pain in the ***, and the new one doesn’t fit in the same spot. I’m guessing I need to cut out the box the old one was in to make room for the new but I want to confirm with them the best way to install before I start making cuts. I ended up putting it all back together with the stock controller for now until I can get some clearer direction. There’s also an extra ‘R’ terminal on the navitas which I’m guessing I can just leave empty but want to verify that too, just so I don’t mess anything up when I install. Definitely a tight fit in the controller box, had to take off the solenoid to even get the old one out which also isn’t easy, the way it’s all positioned inside is very hard to get to the nuts and bolts to remove it all. I think on my next go I’m going to just take the entire housing off and drop it down through the bottom of the cart to make it a little easier, more nuts and bolts to take off but should save some time from not having to twist and turn to try and get in the tiny compartment.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:02 AM   #10
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Also forgot to mention, with the 600a navitas there are NO instructions in the instruction booklet for an icon, only Yamaha, club car, etc.

Tags
440a, 600a, controller, navitas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon