lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Help with Stealth Patriot XR

I just purchased a used Strealth Patriot XR and it runs great! I am having one issue with it. Randomly when driving after a few minutes, if I stop for one reason or another the cart will not go. You can hear what sounds like a relay clicking but, it will not go in forward or reverse. Oddly, if I turn the cart off, wait 20 seconds and turn it back on, it is good to go again. I can’t figure out what would cause this temporary failure periodically. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
StealthRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help with Stealth Patriot XR

Was waiting for someone else to chime in on this, but will take a stab at it. I would eliminate the easy stuff first. Check all your connections. Take them apart, clean with wire brush, reconnect and spray with battery terminal sealer. It's a pain but check connections on your controller as well. Take pictures of your controller while you're at it.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, what do you typically use to clean connections? The batteries were replaced shortly before I purchased the cart so, they seem clean at least at the posts.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well the problem you're describing usually turns out to be the Mcor or the controller but it could be a bad or loose connection. So rather than start by doing the troubleshooting tests for those two items, why not rule out connection problems. After disconnecting you can use a small electric die grinder with a wire wheel or even a small wire brush. Just brush any corrosion off and a quick spray of contact cleaner does a great job of cleaning connections. And the battery posts need a good coat of CRC Battery Terminal Protector or similar product.
After doing that if the problem persists, we'll move on to the troubleshooting tests.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can use this to clean all contacts as well. CRC Battery Cleaner with Acid Indicator

Get both at auto parts stores.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #6
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Okay, terminals cleaned but, the issue is worse now. Now, when we try to start it in reverse or forward it will simply click. All lights, winch and accessories function as normal. Any idea what would cause this and where I could get parts to fix it?
Old 08-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Photos of Batteries

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1omv...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbB...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I had a same experience not long ago. It would just stop randomly...then just work, no rhyme or reason. Got worse (more often) so I went thru everything (cleaning, tightning all connections) It was one of the cables that connected to the controller. It was NOT loose, but it tighten just a little (less than 1/4 turn) when I put a wrench on it. Have not had any problems since.
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hope that's a pic of before cleaning as I can see all kinds of corrosion on battery cables.

That last pic reminds me why I went with 6- 8volt batts instead of 8-6volters. It's a pain to check you water levels and cable connections under there.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #10
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

How have you been Brad? I was hoping you would answer this guys questions.

When you cleaned your controller connections, did you go from underneath or do like I did and take the bed off?

I'm more certain now that it's gotten worse, that he has bad connections somewhere.

Tags
4x4, electric cart, patriot, stealth, stealth patriot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts