lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Finally starting my 1st build

The spray on underneath was Rustoleum and it has a little bit of texture. On the body I used roll on liner from Harbor Freight and it has a lot more texture and it's much thicker.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #12
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does the Harbor Freight stuff seem durable?
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:22 PM   #13
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, from all outward appearances, so far.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:45 PM   #14
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice.
I have some areas I would like to coat with liner; I will have to check it out.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #15
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well ,I picked up my bumper last weekend , and since I've been slacking and didn't get around to mounting it until now I get to clean the flash rust off of it before I can coat it.

I'm working on getting some mounts added for the winch and a light bar.
I was originally going to use aluminum tubing because I was worried about weight but with this HD spring in the front that came with the lift kit, I don't think it'll be an issue, and to be honest ,I got a bit of sticker shock with the price of aluminum.
So, we went with 1 1/4" steel tubing with 1/8" wall.
This thing is a beast and still only weighs about 28 lbs.
I have some 16 gauge diamond plate to cover up most of the open spaces.
The fab guy is working on a receiver hitch now and once that's finished, he's going to build me a trailer that this beast will actually fit on.
Once this is all finished, I plan to move on to wiring.
Since the original harness was hacked to pieces and I gutted it completely, is there somewhere that I can pick up a new IQ harness to at least give me a jumping off point to start building my extended harness for this thing?
I haven't had much luck searching online.
That's about it for the moment, more to come soon.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #16
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Re: Finally starting my 1st build

Well, I haven't gotten much time in the garage lately, but I did manage to get my hands on some diamond plate and I got it mounted to the bumper.
Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday I'll get some time to trial fit the light bar in the center opening and mount some tabs for the winch roller guide or whatever it's called.
Then I'll get it all broke back down so I can get it board with bedliner.
Anyone have any opinions on whether or not I should prime it before the bedliner?
I'm kinda just winging it here.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #17
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I always prime first, regardless of the material. It may be overkill, but it seems like cheap insurance to me.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:33 PM   #18
MrRudog
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Awesome!!!
MrRudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #19
Noonan
Gone Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: Finally starting my 1st build

Well, let's see if we can resurrect this one from the dead. Suffice to say it's been a long 17 months. I've managed to get through just about every major life change I can think of since first posted this so let's get back to the fun stuff, shall we?
I've managed to make very little headway on this thing and in that attempt, half started several aspects of this project. Now that I've got it dragged back out and dusted off I'll try to decide which way to go next and get some pics along the way.
Let's see if these work before I go too much further.

I managed to get yet another body and got it to a body shop and had it painted, after looking at it today I'm kicking myself for having done so early on in the project.

I fabbed a rear receiver bumper out of steel left over from building my trailer, it needs some tweaking but it seems pretty solid.

I've (at least temporarily) given up on trying to devise a way to make larger shocks fit in the front suspension and just ordered some new stock ones just to keep moving.

I got the winch and lights mounted and got the wire harness loosely mounted and ordered a bunch of wire to start extending the parts that will need to be extended.

My next decision I'm looking for some input on, from you guys who have done the rear disc brake swap.
Do you think this is a worthwhile swap?
I've added Jake's disc brakes to the front and wondering how much more there is to gain by swapping the rears as well or would the money better spent elsewhere and just put new drums and hardware in the rear?
I'm going to hopefully carry on from here with the build and continue to post updates and pics.
Old 11-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #20
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
I feel like there should be more to this..
And there was too. Great build. Great pics. Great commentary.

At first glance I thought you made that bumper out of wood (66 year old eyeballs and a brain to match).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Well ,I picked up my bumper last weekend , and since I've been slacking and didn't get around to mounting it until now I get to clean the flash rust off of it before I can coat it.

army is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides