lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Battery scrap price

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Didn't pay attention to the date on this one, sorry :).
No need to apologize.

We have all done this.

If i did not see my own old comments I may have jumped right in.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #12
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

I just sold 6-6 volt Trojan batteries dated K-4 on Craigslist for $175. Took the people for an 8 mile ride and they still had a good charge. people were rebuilding a cart on the cheap and couldn't afford new. Charge the batteries up, show buyers the voltage of each and check with a hydrometer. I kept them watered, charged after every use or at the end of the day. I had a battery life saver (desulfator) hooked up to them and think that might have contributed to their longevity. I have a BLS attached to a boat battery and it's lasted just over 9 years. I just got rid of them to upgrade to 48 volts. Just be honest and tell them what they're buying. It's worth a try, not everybody has $800 for a new pack.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #13
invictus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Get them checked first, if they are still alive why not sell them.
Get them checked first, if they are still alive why not sell them. In case you can't sell them I recommend scrapping them though you must know that you won't get too much money for them. Once unable to carry a charge these batteries are literally useless. In scrap yards they still manage to salvage working parts and repair other batteries that's why scrap yards still buy them. Plus used batteries are very toxic and containing them requires special safety measures. I suggest that you scrap them and buy a set of new ones.
invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:27 AM   #14
KisrBerny
Not Yet Wild

I also sold the battery, but I urgently needed money at that time, so I put it up for sale at a small price. But during the week, no one wrote to me about the purchase. So I decided to scrap it, but at the same time not to lose a lot of money. And I remembered that a long time ago, I came across a website that calculates how much this battery will cost and where it is better to sell it. So I started looking for it and found a website: https://www.scrapi.com/scrap-car-calculator, which is much better than what I was looking for, or the site developers just redid it that's not the point. In general, I handed over my battery for scrap at a relatively favorable price, and I do not regret it.
KisrBerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts