lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #41
checkoutmyjunk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1st Cart: PCX-956 SHUTTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
Copy all you want, I am looking at my motor options more and more and I will probably have to redesign my rear end lift. There isn’t much room for a bigger motor, I’m weighing my options and skills at this point. But with a smaller lift, maybe just blocks where the springs attach to the frame would be better, or even an axle flip might fit your needs.
Yes, I was thinking that I might just push the mounting points for the shackles down a few inches. Then I would only be looking at extending the brake hoses and steering linkage.

Thank you for the inspiration, your 956 is looking great with the lift and tires. If I am honest, I like the looks of the older 950s better. They are so funky that I could not resist buying mine. My only regret so for was the day after I picked mine up a state away, a local golf cart guy put a gas powered 950 up for $800 bucks and I passed on it. I really have grown to not like the expense and hassle of the electric carts.

I picked out a d&d motor and controller seems the smart move is to finish the motor before I mess with the lift.
checkoutmyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #42
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The experts say build towards a goal. Since you know the tire you want, and the use. Maybe get a speed in mind and find the motor and amp combination that suites you. Keep in mind, the rear end has a lower gear ratio for added torque but lower speeds come with that. Just a heads up on the motor option.
EzgoNewbie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:29 PM   #43
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

After a weekend of wiring diagrams, cutting, splicing, zip ties and patients, I managed to get most of the wiring done for the PDS conversion. It’s pretty hidden away and “stock” looking. Got old sliding, fire waiting to happen, direction selector out and installed the clubcar style f/r button from Scotty installed. Here’s the progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77265169-3370-444E-A852-67191529D9AA.jpg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A8B32A42-0C0E-4926-AD51-228293F3BD9F.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2021, 08:44 PM   #44
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Got a bit of progress done, decided to work on the dash. Got a 24x48 piece of starboard and a 1x2 piece of PVC trim for support and some stainless screw for the main body. I didn’t have anything to work with but al least it was a blank slate. I ordered a 6 gang switch, a phone mount for my bms screen, some Sealux jumbo cut holders and a new key switch from Amazon and got to work. I also got a combination lock for a cabinet for a glove box. It was all kind of a pain, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Hope this can help someone out that wants to take the jump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACA601A3-8C69-42B3-B8B5-3A02A8828349.jpg (174.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 21B3ECC4-2D8D-4A3B-A6AC-C64F49A9B196.jpg (119.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B8128188-D8BD-435E-849E-1963D5E37479.jpg (274.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:10 PM   #45
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So....I got my motor. I ended up getting a Plum Quick Barracuda. It produces 70% more torque and the max RPMs are 6500. According to the math, the “theoretical” speed should be 30mph. I don’t expect that with friction loss and wind resistance but it’s close to where I wanted to be. As I suspected it did not fit in my suspension setup so I had to “redesign”. Ended up lowering the back springs main ring points 7 inches from where they were and cut my block lifts way down so that the axle sits on top of the axle. The fit is very tight. I’m now waiting on the Elcon charger to mount that on and I replaced the old crows foot plug hole with a marine standard plug that I will connect to the charger.

Technical note for anyone else trying to PDS this cart or this potentiometer style. I had to get a Clubcar harness and order and PB-8 potentiometer in order to use it with the existing hardware. The PB-8 has 3 wires and can connect to the harness for throttle control, the plus is I don’t have to somehow weld in a newer style pedal assembly, which I know I will not get completely correct and won’t exactly fit. The PB-8 will bolt right in and it’s fine with me since the one that’s in there is 30 years old and is bound to fail at some point.

Enjoy the pics
Old 05-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #46
smdonov
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I've had a 956 for a few years and only used it to putz around with the family. Getting inspired by all the work on this thread. How are you all getting these paint jobs? Remove body, painter's tape? Rattle-Can or body shop? Excited to upgrade mine!
smdonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #47
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I did a rattle can, but I’m thinking I’m going to do a topside paint next. Since it’s fiberglass, sits outside and in south Florida. A boat paint would probably last a while.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #48
ezgo80
Not Yet Wild

does anyone have the original wiring diagram for this cart?
ezgo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:30 AM   #49
EzgoNewbie305
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I posted the manuals on this thread. Post number 36. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=162368&page=4
Old 06-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #50
SscClt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoNewbie305 View Post
So....I got my motor. I ended up getting a Plum Quick Barracuda. It produces 70% more torque and the max RPMs are 6500. According to the math, the “theoretical” speed should be 30mph. I don’t expect that with friction loss and wind resistance but it’s close to where I wanted to be. As I suspected it did not fit in my suspension setup so I had to “redesign”. Ended up lowering the back springs main ring points 7 inches from where they were and cut my block lifts way down so that the axle sits on top of the axle. The fit is very tight. I’m now waiting on the Elcon charger to mount that on and I replaced the old crows foot plug hole with a marine standard plug that I will connect to the charger.

Technical note for anyone else trying to PDS this cart or this potentiometer style. I had to get a Clubcar harness and order and PB-8 potentiometer in order to use it with the existing hardware. The PB-8 has 3 wires and can connect to the harness for throttle control, the plus is I don’t have to somehow weld in a newer style pedal assembly, which I know I will not get completely correct and won’t exactly fit. The PB-8 will bolt right in and it’s fine with me since the one that’s in there is 30 years old and is bound to fail at some point.

Enjoy the pics
Sorry for reviving this old thread. Where are you in your process? I bought a 1992 960 yesterday and plan to upgraded from 36 to 48v and eventually a motor upgrade. I plan to keep the cart at the stock height, but would like to upgrade to 10" wheels.

I would love to see some pictures of your progress.
SscClt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides