lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #101
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post

(Extractor, you can always put a small 7/16 plastic plug in your windshield after you get it inspected if you don’t like the wiper.)
Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics.
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #102
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics.
I'm still weeks away as well, between getting the last parts in and installed and the DOT inspection.

Trust me, those pictures don't really show how nice that wiper looks. When I get a chance I'll get the cart outside and take a couple more.

I've also got a couple of custom Chrome plated aluminum brackets from one of my previous Harleys to mount the seat belts to, (front and rear retractors,) once I get them. Hopefully they'll work but if not I'm mount them to the rear seat rail. Hey, we're getting closer!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #103
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Found this.....

http://www.iihs.org/laws/LowSpeedVehicles.aspx
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #104
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #105
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRATT70 View Post
Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.
It must be an Electric Golf Cart ONLY. It's in the Florida Statues as such. Sorry

"In Florida and other states, there are specific LSV, NEV and golf cart laws and regulations governing the usage and construction of street legal golf carts, or low speed vehicles (LSV). Defined by Florida Statute 320.01(42) as “any four-wheeled electric vehicles whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour,” low speed vehicles include NEV or neighborhood electric vehicles. Golf carts that are not considered LSV's are prohibited from operation on roads with a few exceptions detailed in s. 316.212. As with motor vehicles, low speed vehicles are subject to a license tax, which is the same as that prescribed in Florida Statute s. 320.08- for non-electrically powered vehicles."
Old 05-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #106
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #107
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRATT70 View Post
Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )
Great idea... and if she doesn't like it just leave it at my house
Old 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #108
scubabud

Club Car

Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

watch out Minnie...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0947.jpg (109.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0949.jpg (68.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0952.jpg (96.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0955.jpg (89.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #109
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

watch out Minnie...
My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #110
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!
BRS,

I hear ya! This is our 7th time in 2 years at the Fort and now that they opened up the Premium sites which are deeper and wider, it's alot easier to get in and out. Do you bring both of your carts when you're up here?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car