lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Carryall 2 No Spark

Quote:
If that checks out the key switch is Good, leave the wire disconnected at the key switch and the relay, and Unplug the White/black wire from the coil harness on the motor.
Check the White/black wire for continuity to ground. With it disconnected at all three points it should be isolated and should have NO continuity to ground.

If there is continuity the wire is shorted to ground somewhere. Inspect for nicks, cuts, burns/melting, or any other damage to the insulation especially around the motor.
Also look under the cart inside the frame rail where the wire harness runs for any damage from impact or rodents.
Per post #7 you need to make sure the White/blk stripe wire is not shorted to ground.
Disconnect it at all three points, and check for continuity to ground. If the White/black is the only wire disconnected the cart should still start and run. This wire is only for coil kill, and has no affect on anything else. If you do get spark and the engine runs with the white/blk disconnected the wire is shorted to ground somewhere.
If you still have No spark with the White/blk wire disconnected the coil is bad.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #22
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Success, the cart finally started! I had purchased an OEM relay online (#1017239) and when I installed it and turned the key, NOTHING happened. I returned the relay thinking it was faulty and today I went by a local Club Car repair shop and purchased the same OEM Relay. I installed it, turned the key and NOTHING happened. I re-installed the old relay and when I turned the key, the starter generator came on just like it always has. This time I pressed on the gas pedal and started wiggling wires on the relay to see if there was a possible short but nothing happened. For whatever reason, I decided to pull out the bottom left black wire (reply #17 Relay diagram you sent me) from the relay. As soon as I did that, the cart fired up. I took it for a 10 min test run and everything seems to be working fine. So here is my question: Is it safe to run the cart with this Black wire disconnected from the Relay? Is there a short somewhere and that is the reason with the black wire connected that the cart won't fire? Did I purchase the wrong relay (#1017239) ? My parts diagram says that is the correct Relay part # for the 2013 Club Car Carryall 2. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks so much!
mendoza4@embarqmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Without being able to see the cart I really don't know what else to tell you.
It seems to me there is misconnection or bad wiring at the relay. Possibly a bad ground connection, but it would take hours to type out how the whole circuit is supposed to work.

With the black wire disconnected, and it then starts and runs, presumably the ignition kill wire is connected to the wrong pin on the relay, or the relay is not the correct design, or is just plain faulty. But it's unlikely to have 3 faulty relays.

Not going to hurt anything for it to run with the one black wire disconnected.
The key switch still grounds the White/Blk wire when the key is turned off, so the coil kill circuit should still operate properly.

As far as the diode you asked about in the PM, that is only for arc suppression on the solenoid control circuit, and doesn't have anything to do with starting or ignition kill.
If the diode fails, it will usually cause microswitches to burn out, but it doesn't affect anything else, and those typically don't fail, and when they do the usual symptom is that the fuse for the starting circuit will blow out as soon as you turn the key.
Easy to test if you have a diode test function on your multi-meter.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #24
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for your help Fairtax4me, I really appreciate it. Cart is still running fine. I am just trying to figure out what the issue with the wiring is because if my current relay switch goes bad, I am up the creek without a paddle, LOL. I have checked and double checked what wire is connected to what pin on the relay switch and I am certain they are corrected correctly. I think having a short in the black wire or somewhere else on the circuit makes more sense. I will look into it down the road. Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #25
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

I will let you know what I find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car