lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #1
khek3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Icon No Power when Key Turned On

Ok, may have done something stupid when wiring some underbody led lights. I was testing some wires under the dash to see am which ones would turn the lights on. I used 2 of the loose wires right there in the bundle of wires which go to the key and f/r switch. Now when I turn the key on no power at all. I know, stupid, should have just waited to get all the parts in to wire it right. Anyways, I checked the fuses in the fuse block and they look all good. Checked another in-line fuse on the back of the black box, it looks good too. Not sure what to check next to get the main power back on. Any suggestions?
khek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Icon No Power when Key Turned On

Are you talking about the 3 wires that are usually just laying in there and taped together? Those are 48v I think.

I'd guess there's a fuse somewhere you still haven't found. You can use a continuity tester or multimeter to try and figure it out. That or you somehow fried the controller (hopefully not).
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #3
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Perhaps you turned the toggle switch off under the seat?
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most carts will not respond to the key switch if they are plugged into a charger, on board or off.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:59 PM   #5
sswcmw
Not Yet Wild

You are in the same boat I am in. I think you fried the controller. I have chased it back checking all fuses I can find according to the wiring diagram ATrain posted. I was just looking around and managed to fry it by seeing how much voltage was going to the key, using 5he ground that goes to the USB port. I would have thunk that ground is ground is ground, but I got a loud pop and now the cart is dead with no life out of anything past the batteries.

So, the question is, besides the Navitas controller, does anyone know where to get the stock controller? Any of you guys who have updated to the Navitas willing to sell the old ones?
sswcmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #6
ATrain
Gone Wild

Where did the loud pop sound come from? Did you check the controller fuse?

See the picture on this post in the upper left corner - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=175245

It should be pretty hard to fry the controller.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The wires would melt before that fuse blew out. That is a slow blow fuse, probably 250 amps or higher, Main power from the pack for the controller and motor, no amount of accessories are going to pop that one.

If you heard a pop, it was probably a fuse somewhere. But really doubt it's the giant one.

Which wires did you use? What color are they?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #8
sswcmw
Not Yet Wild

The pop was most likely the whole system shutting down, although it seemed much louder than when I normally flip the run switch. With no blown fuse (including the huge high amperage one in the controller box) it could not have been that. All relays work, all switches appear to be working properly, including the DPDT Run/Off/Whatever. There is no clicking when going from Off to Run like happens on a new cart. I was at the Icon dealership today to test out some pieces on a good cart. They unfortunately don’t have a way to get me a controller at this point.

So, to the OP, if you don’t hear any sound when switching the cart from Off to Run under the seat, or you put the switch down to the manual mode (I can’t remember what it is called) and the parking brake doesn’t disengage, then I believe you have the same issue as me and need to talk to your dealership.
sswcmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:33 PM   #9
khek3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Figured it out. There is a fuse right next to the run/off switch I didn’t know about. It was fried. Replaced it and all is good.
khek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon