lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Bad fuel pump?

Hello I have a 92 ez go 350cc cart. There is engine oil coming from the fuel pump, is this a bad pump or diaphragm i can change ? The hoses are all tight and in good shape ? First post, great site. Thanks for any help.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Bad fuel pump?

Welcome to the forum. Oil coming from the fuel pump? Is this a 2 stroke? I've seen dirty fuel pumps and trash in the bowl of a carb. cause excessive fuel to be dumped over in the crankcase but not vice versa.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a 4 stroke with a vacuum fuel pump with a line running from the crank case. There is a little brass screen on the side of it, a vent i think..
Old 10-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

If there's something in the vac line going to the fuel pump the pump diaphragm must be tore/ruptured.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There's engine oil in it.. So can I get a kit to fix it or should I get a new pump ?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Quadmaster........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome guys seems like a great forum..
Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmaster View Post
There's engine oil in it.. So can I get a kit to fix it or should I get a new pump ?
You can get either, cost is about the same. You can take the pump apart and see if it's bad. I would try and get the oil out of the line and see if the pump will work. How did oil get in there anyway? was the cart laying flipped over or face down in a ditch, overfilled with oil, or something other that you'd like to share with us. seems like more and more people don't want to say whats happen to their cart, it's always something like, (it's not running, whats wrong with it) In your case we don't even know if it's running or has ever run, I do know they didn't make the 350 in 92. For oil to get into that line it either has to blow in there or drain in to it. if it's blowing into it, the pump diaphragm has to be messed up.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The line to the pump is a pulse line it goes from vacuum to pressure that pulses the fuel pump diaphragm. Clean it out and reconnect and see if it refills, if so diaphragm may be leaking and about to quit. Also be sure the oil level isn't to high. GOOD LUCK.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you both for your replies. First according to the tag on the side of the center dash my ez go cart is a 1992. Second the plastic heat shield behind the carb says Robin EH35C which I was told was a 350cc 11hp engine...But I am new to carts and could not tell a 350 twin cylinder from a 295 unless someone told me how to tell. I bought the cart used. It has been lifted with 21" tires, other than that it's appears stock. It runs good has not been on its side or crashed or in a ditch that I know of. I have run the cart in my garage in neutral and in gear on jack stands and cannot get even a drip from the pump. When I drive it on the back paved road full throttle as fast as it will go and then lift the seat there is fresh engine oil coming from the fuel pump. I have cleaned it with break parts cleaner and the lines are not cracked and the hose clamps are all tight. I will clean the line out and recheck the oil level and take a compression check to try and rule out blow by. Thank you again for your help and any future advise you care to give me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO