lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: g16 smoking

[QUOTE=emarch42;69896]hi, dave thanks for responding... ok... all that looks good..except i have ran it for hours..and still smoking... but wait..this is intresthing... if i put it to the floor..and yes the govenor holds it back... it dosent really smoke... but if i just sit there and pump the pedal back and forth..it smokes ...smells real bad...burt oil....now i did have all those problems you said... to much oil..gas in the oil...i cleaned carb...drained oild twice..it really runs great...except it smokes...can i di the head first..and see?? or do you think it is the rings????[/QUOTE Yes the valve job and new valve stem seals , "may take care of your problem" In my opinion.. Rering and valve job and then you no your good for a long time. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarch42 View Post
one more question...you say take a compression test at wide open??? i just put the tester on and crank it right????
Yep ! Later dave
Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Dave, I been kinda hovering on this smokin' thread! (lol) And I got a stupid Q to ask for the boys and girls at home ..Why is the compression test done at WOT? What happens to the results if not done at WOT?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Dave, I been kinda hovering on this smokin' thread! (lol) And I got a stupid Q to ask for the boys and girls at home ..Why is the compression test done at WOT? What happens to the results if not done at WOT?
Scottyb......Do you have "super powers"? "Hovering" would be "cool"! If I can explain this right...You need the engine "turning over" at a high enough "RPM" to create compression, (so a good battery is needed), You need "wide open throttle" so the engine can preduce the compression reading with all the air it needs to get the "highest" compression reading. Did that explain it ? Or am I just the worst poster trying to awnser a simple question ? Hope this helps. Later Dave
Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yep! That'll do it ! Thanks...
Old 05-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
emarch42
Not Yet Wild

ok dave. the motor is out.... i took the head off , the exhaust valve was nasty... and there was a small puddle of oil on the top of the piston..and the spark plug look like a plug that was in a motor that was using oil.....now..if you would walk me threw this..it would be great...the clutch has to come off/.... the big nut..is it right hand threed..??? impact wrench??? it won`t come off....and i need a tool , after i get the nut off..right??? and then ............................ talk to me...\
p.s. thanks ahead of time....
emarch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yes impact wrench works the best. and you will need a Yamaha clutch puller.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarch42 View Post
ok dave. the motor is out.... i took the head off , the exhaust valve was nasty... and there was a small puddle of oil on the top of the piston..and the spark plug look like a plug that was in a motor that was using oil.....now..if you would walk me threw this..it would be great...the clutch has to come off/.... the big nut..is it right hand threed..??? impact wrench??? it won`t come off....and i need a tool , after i get the nut off..right??? and then ............................ talk to me...\
p.s. thanks ahead of time....
Didn't take you long to "pull" the motor did it ? Head work...I use a shop rag in the cylinder (to hold the valves) a 17mm open end wrench (to push down the sprin and retainer) and a small screw driver to get out "C" retainer. Decarbonize the head and valves (with a wire brush in a driill-for the head and a wire in your bench grinder-for the valves). If valve seats look good, "lap" them with compond useing a hand drill. At this poit I would take off the valve stem seal (on intake-a screw driver will work to pry it off) and install new stem seals "ON BOTH INTAKE AND EXHAUST", Yamaha only installed one on intake ? Your cylinder head is good to go ! Next post.. "bottom" end. Dave
Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cool
Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #20
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

right
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha