lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V to 48V Charger Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC 21 View Post
Thanks Guys. I thought I read a thread on how to trick the Club Car chargers and bypass the OBC's but could not find it last night.

I feel like a real member of the BGW site now that scottyb gave me a hard time before he answered me!

Merry Christmas to all
If you bypass the CC charger to come on, then what will turn it off? The best answer is NO Club Car 48 volt chargers, most others will be just fine. Xtreme's for $199.99 is an AWESOME buy

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
The way I see it, you either have to find an OBC from a wrecked Club car or buy a new OBC. It might be simple but not very cost effective unless you find one from a wrecked club car.....how many of those do you see around.
Sorry I meant the the Kelly charger as simple and cost effective.

Merry Christmas Mike!
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
BDC 21
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Found 48V Delta-Q charger for a RXV at a reasonable price. Not sure of all of the changes with the RXV's. Would this charger be an option for a 48V TXT conversion?
BDC 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
Islandman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 36V to 48V Charger Question

Delta Q is a great charger and is programable, it comes with 10 Alogarithims preprogramed and lots more if you buy their attachment to plug in to your computer. I have one on my 48V California Roadster and recently bought a 72V Model for my upcoming upgrade. They are a truly a Smart Charger and won't damage your batteries with the right program. There are lots of high voltage (120+) EV's that use Delta Q
Islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

If you have room for the onboard Delta Q, it's worth it. You'll always have your charger with you, plugs in with standard extension cord, and maintains battery pack quite well. If you change batteries in 2 or 3 years, you can still change the charging alrgorithm. I've been reprogramming a lot lately, as people are trying different types of batteries. I always keep spares.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #16
BDC 21
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Found what seems to be a good deal locally on a Delta-Q QuiQ 913-480X. The information listed does not state it is possible to change the algorithm on this unit. Guess this must be a lower end Delta-Q. Would it still be good for the 48V upgrade. It is new for $199.00.

Thanks
BDC 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #17
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Some of the DQ's were programmable, but limited to the algorithms already preloaded in it. The algorithm was changable for different battery packs, but limited to choosing one of the 10 in the unit. The 2006 generation started be more flexible to where algorithms could be removed and replaced with other ones via a computer and interface, so the limit of 10 was virtually removed.

Just make sure it does indeed have one loaded for whichever batteries you'll be using, otherwise you could 1)never really get full charge on your batteries or 2)damage the batteries.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #18
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just keep your eyes peeled on Craig's List, Ebay, garage sales, etc. I found a Lestronic II 48 volt charger on Craig's List for $100. It has a dent on a corner but works like a dream. I had to drive a little ways to get it. Every now and then there is a deal to be had and you have to be ready to jump on it.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!