lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
nubzz
Not Yet Wild

Default street bike motor ?

hey guys i have a tl1000s v-twin. i know that it is going to be a lot of fab work to put it in, but i am wondering if any one has done it already and what did they use for a rear end.
or how did you make stock rear end work? pics please
nubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
struckby29
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: street bike motor ?

bump for ya .. someone has had to do a motor swap
struckby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From what I've heard, the stock rear end are geared too low for a M/C engine. People have done it, using a fabbed rear end. You need to fabricate a rear end that will use the stock sprockets. The smaller tire height changes the ratio to a managable speed. With that motor and gears you could reach speeds of 50-60 mph or more!
Usually they try to incorperate the M/C disc brake to a straight axle type rear end. The stock brakes will smoke quick and fail at high speeds. Some even use front discs to assist in stopping, usually aquired from a quad or other small equipment
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
From what I've heard, the stock rear end are geared too low for a M/C engine. People have done it, using a fabbed rear end. You need to fabricate a rear end that will use the stock sprockets. The smaller tire height changes the ratio to a managable speed. With that motor and gears you could reach speeds of 50-60 mph or more!
Usually they try to incorperate the M/C disc brake to a straight axle type rear end. The stock brakes will smoke quick and fail at high speeds. Some even use front discs to assist in stopping, usually aquired from a quad or other small equipment
atv axles, swing arms and brakes work great
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The question that begs asking is this.......

Why would you want all of that Horsepower and weight in a golf cart with it's limited stability and suspension it is bound to be way too much muscle and not enough agility IMHO. Somebody's gonna get hurt
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I didn't want to get into the safety issues. You'll need a roll cage, 5 point belts and a good helmet, brass balls and......
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The question that begs asking is this.......

Why would you want all of that Horsepower and weight in a golf cart with it's limited stability and suspension it is bound to be way too much muscle and not enough agility IMHO. Somebody's gonna get hurt
i have built two and we used them on the dunes in Michigan, you need all power you can get in the sand.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #8
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

Check out Rifter's build.He has a honda cbr 1000 in his yamaha.I have rode in it and yes you need 4 wheel disc brakes,5 point harness,brass balls,helmet(if racing),roll cage.With that motor and the right gearing,50mph would be like idling.Rifter has had his upwards to 100 mph.I think we hit 60 in a short distance when I rode with him.It is a rush.I personally have never been pushed back in my seat like that.I am rethinking my marathon for a bike engine but nothing that large.I just got a workhorse that will be getting the 16 hp vanny so the search will be on for another power plant.Good luck and keep posting up.Everyone loves some kind of progress.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center