lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
92timbrandenburg
Not Yet Wild

Default PDS 36-48 Volt Conversion, Charger Problem!!!

I'm converting my 2001 PDS cart from 36 to 48, the cart has an Alltrax Controller and the conversion went great except for the charger.
Here's what happened:
1). I messed up!
2). Here's what I did but I don't know how to fix it:

I swapped the plug from my 36 Volt power wise II charger and put it on a 48 Volt lestronic II charger, I noticed that the polarity was opposite on the plugs so I switched the main positive and negative wires and thought that would be okay. I plugged in the cart for a split second, sparks flew and I burnt out both fuses in the Lestronic charger. So what I realized is that the third wire "sense" is connected to the negative side on the 48 lestronic setup but the third wire "sense" on the cart is connected to the positive side.

So how can I fix the problem? Can I make the charger? I don't know how to connect a cart with a positive sense wire to a charger with a negative sense wire. I had the sense wire incorrect polarity at first which I assume blew the fuse because the main + - was correct from the plug and the cart.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
92timbrandenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds to me like the cart is wired backwards. The white wire should go to pack positive, and black to pack negative. The sense wire should go to the negative, and as far as I know that's for all chargers. Maybe someone else will chime in and verify.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO