lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #21
kawasaki
Gone Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: VC clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I hate using adapters, they have spun on my before. I know some people use them with success, but let's be honest, it's not really the "correct" way to mount a clutch. It's more of a "cheap fix" kinda thing.

As for the Rapid Response clutch, not many people on here have used them. They just aren't as popular, probably because of cost and size.

On the other hand, tons of people here have used the 780 with great success.
Slonomo, I still have the rapid advance clutch I bought from you a few years ago. My 780 went out on my G2 yamaha and I could not get it on my motor unless I pulled the motor. I was lazy and bought a new 780. I have 3 other v twin carts I might try to put it in, really nice clutch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mms_img780437848.jpg (414.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-06-15_14.57.34.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #22
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks like I’m going with the 780 lol
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki View Post
Slonomo, I still have the rapid advance clutch I bought from you a few years ago.
I'm thinking you might have me mixed up with someone else, I've never had a Rapid Response. I've sold a Duster 94c, a Duster style G1 clutch, but no Rapid Response.

With that said, the 780 is not heavy duty like the Rapid Response is, but it's smaller, thinner, and lighter, and works well on just about any 4 stroke up to 20hp. I did have one on my 23hp Vanguard, but it was stock and it wasn't on there long.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:10 PM   #24
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellett5261 View Post
Looks like I’m going with the 780 lol
You'll be happy!
Old 08-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #25
kawasaki
Gone Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
I'm thinking you might have me mixed up with someone else, I've never had a Rapid Response. I've sold a Duster 94c, a Duster style G1 clutch, but no Rapid Response.

With that said, the 780 is not heavy duty like the Rapid Response is, but it's smaller, thinner, and lighter, and works well on just about any 4 stroke up to 20hp. I did have one on my 23hp Vanguard, but it was stock and it wasn't on there long.
Opps I must have you mixed up with someone else!
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #26
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

so i rolled the cart out of the shed yesterday so i could get a few things out. I couldn't get it back up the ramp without driving it later that evening, so I put the clutch back on clutch and the new belt to just to get it back up ramp and i just nailed the gas & the front tires came off the ground like it used too lol .

Soooo i took it for a run down the street, never slipped once. So strange, however i did just get finished smacking the clutch with a rubber mallet the night before, I just that was the fix I would still like to upgrade my clutch for a HD one for the long run & better hole shot when needed
Old 08-29-2021, 08:45 AM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you're clutch is not giving you wheelies, you don't need a better holeshot That's as good as it gets.

So I wonder if something inside the clutch was stuck?
Old 08-31-2021, 03:32 PM   #28
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you're clutch is not giving you wheelies, you don't need a better holeshot That's as good as it gets.

So I wonder if something inside the clutch was stuck?
i could hear something inside the clutch rattling, not sure if a weight was stuck but it runs like a raped date so i'm not gonna mess with it until it gives me issues again.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #29
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

back to the drawing board lol, started doing it again last night when i was trying to get it up the ramp into the garage. However VC offered to give me a new 780 clutch for $209, CVT wont warranty mine . i'm working on getting it down a tad more and ill do that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!