lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default VC clutch

Has anyone had issues with there VC clutch? mine is the "7-1/4" Heavy Duty Primary Drive Clutch (CVTECH Series 06)" that came with the kit?
Yesterday the car just randomly started slipping bad to the point where i had to push it to get it going. i cant really tell if its the clutch or the belt. im gonna go get a belt today but after driving it home it started making a weird noise, not sure if its the belt slipping or the clutch itself.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2021, 05:30 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: VC clutch

Those clutches are good and don't have a bad reputation. That doesn't mean somethings not wrong with it. What is the condition of your current belt? I wouldn't think a bad belt would just slip like you're talking, unless it's just shredded on the sides.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:41 PM   #3
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

its so strange, i tried going to my local parts store and tried to find a DayCo belt rather than the same one. i seems to me that its just slipping bad and the noise i hear is the belt slipping, VERY STRANGE that it ran fine I drove it down the street, cranked it back up after 30 minutes and wouldn't move unless i pushed it to get it going.

So now im trying to find a upgrade for the EZB01/47 belt. not knocking VC at all but id rather have a gator belt or dayco if i can find one.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #4
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Has anyone tired the "Gates 36G4683" belt in replacement of the "EZB01/47"?

The gates is slightly shorter and roughly 1/4" wider.

anyone?
Old 08-17-2021, 09:47 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If it's shorter and wider, it will fit really tight. It will give you a great low gear take off though.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:36 AM   #6
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If it's shorter and wider, it will fit really tight. It will give you a great low gear take off though.
Yeah I hear you on that, I mean with my entire set up I’ve actually had zero problems with anything other than the belt which is Has God knows how many hours on it/miles.

I could always slide the motor back a touch To make up for the difference on the belt being shorter but I’m not sure if extra quarter inch is going to sit down in the clutch and not constantly grab while the motor is idling because of how much wider it is.

I’m sure somebody on here has a replacement belt that’s better over factory?
Old 08-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

What is the part number of your current belt? What is the measurement from center to center on your clutches?
Old 08-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #8
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
What is the part number of your current belt? What is the measurement from center to center on your clutches?

my current belt is EZB01/47, and the center to center is 13" or its supposed to be .
Old 08-19-2021, 06:43 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellett5261 View Post
my current belt is EZB01/47, and the center to center is 13" or its supposed to be .
Based on 13" center to center, a Dayco HP3029 might work for you. 44 9/16" long x 1 3/16" wide

But based on the part number you listed, that's a 47" belt, so if you want HP3022, it's 47 1/8" x 1 1/4". The center to center in that case should be closer to 14.5", but the calculator isn't exact. An exact measurement might be in order.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:30 PM   #10
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My stok belt should be here tomorrow. if they is my issue then im ordering a dayco or a gates and i'll keep the other as a back up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!