lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2021, 10:20 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Predator 670 Vtwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Who are you kiddin? As many engines have been in that thing, nothing is gonna be "Permanent" from here...just a temporary resident in the engine bay till the next new thing comes along. LOL
Well, it's not called a hobby for nothing! I love playing around with this stuff!! If it ain't fun, it ain't worth doing.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2021, 01:24 AM   #12
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I went through the same thing with my 16 I wasn’t planning on having to rebuild but it was using 6-8 ozs of oil a day and fouling a plug so really didn’t have any choice and seriously didn’t know how it was gonna turn out because I had to hone that one cylinder a lot to get it cleaned up ...but it runs great and uses no oil now so it was worth it also I bought that 18 hp as a backup just in case
Also my carts pretty fast and a good bit of the power too and I wouldn’t want to put a kid on it hey they (kids) turn them over fairly regularly down at the river
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:49 AM   #13
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Who are you kiddin? As many engines have been in that thing, nothing is gonna be "Permanent" from here...just a temporary resident in the engine bay till the next new thing comes along. LOL
JPonLKN

My name is Andy........
And I am a Cart-oholic.....
It's been 2 weeks,4 days,17 hours,37 minutes.....since I last ordered an engine
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:27 PM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
JPonLKN

My name is Andy........
And I am a Cart-oholic.....
It's been 2 weeks,4 days,17 hours,37 minutes.....since I last ordered an engine
Actually....I just paid for a rebuilt Robin 350cc twin for the Jacobsen today, so....
Old 01-21-2021, 04:27 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Update:

I just got an email from Harbor Freight saying the 670 is on backorder and to call if I still wanted the engine. Huh? Of course I still want it. I didn't order it because I "might" want it..! So I call and some guy says "Oh yes the status has changed and it will ship out on Monday." Me" Ok, so it wasn't cancelled or it was cancelled?" Him "It is not cancelled, you should receive another email. The price of $659 cannot be honored because of Covid19, the sale price is $799." Um....no. He ended up honoring the $659 price.

I gotta say, what a waste of time. To send an email out and make people call, wait on hold, and the same day reverse the status from the email? Then by the way the price went up. Come on Harbor Freight!

So.....guess I'm waiting another week. What else is new in the wake of Covid19?

At McD's....Me: "Can I get 1 cheeseburger, 1 large coffee, and 1 small water?" Them: "Yes sir, pull ahead for your total." I pull ahead. Them: "Your total is $17.80." I said "Say what?" Them: "Yes sir we recently had a price increase because of Covid19." I said "I have a cheeseburger and a coffee", Them "Oh, sorry sir, that'll be $6.45". "Schreeetch!!" The sound of me pulling out of line and going to BK.....same order.... $3.00.

I'll tell ya, I think places are raising prices just because they can. I bet some people pay it. I refuse. #boycottcovidpriceincreases
Old 01-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I just received email notification that my 670 has shipped. Guess it will be here a little early.

Its apparent that HF doesn't know what their doing. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. But this time, at least, it worked out in my favor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210123-175418_Chrome.jpg (184.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Ok, engine recieved...

The box is a little beat up, but hoping the engine is surrounded by Styrofoam. The bottom is wet and soggy like it was sitting in a puddle. We shall see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210125_110034.jpg (360.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210125_110049.jpg (296.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #18
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

How about them 🍔 cheeseburgers
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #19
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

When you going to open the box?
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #20
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I just asked myself this question a moment ago. I went out to start my truck because there's 2" of snow all over it. As I was walking back into the garage.....there it sat.....all lonely....in a soggy damaged box.....just sitting there.....looking pitiful and sad....

The truth is, my back has really been bothering me the few weeks and I started therapy etc on Monday. So, no engine lifting for me this week. I'm feeling quite a bit better today, slept really good, no pain when I woke up so I think I'll be alright this weekend.

So....this weekend?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!