lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 CC dies when taking off

I have a 2004 CC that wants to die when you take off from a stop. If I try to gently give it the gas, it will sputter and a forceful pedal will get it moving. I have installed a new coil, carburetor and rev limiter. The rod between the gas pedal and the cam in the electric box is adjusted properly and the kill limit switch has also been replaced. If anyone has any ideas or possible things to try or check please let me know. Thanks.
encs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 04 CC dies when taking off

You checked for a dirty air filter, right? Air box connected? It could be in your idle air/fuel mixture ..... try screwing it in a quarter (or half) turn....No good? put it back where it was and try 1/4 out?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, the air filter is new also and it wants to die even with the hose between the filter and carb intake off. The carb is brand new and the idle is set per the manual. I'll try some small changes in the mixture screw with the limiting cap and see if that does anything.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Still having problems with my cart wanting to die when I go to give it gas or when coming down off the gas and it sometimes will return to idle, or other times just kills. A quick turn on the key restarts it and then it idles again until you go to drive it.

Everything on it is new as stated prior. Is there a step-by-step set up procedure that would help me out? I've gone through all the adjustments in the maintenance book and they appear to be correct. I'm drawing straws now i think!!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

check fuel filter?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Both are new and the fuel pump was also rebuilt with the kit.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Have you tried unplugging the kill micro (lower one) and run it?
Checked valve clearence, adjustment?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
encs95
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, not yet, however i did unplug the bullet connector by the limiter and that allows the engine to keep running. Doesn't want to kill any more and can't shut it off unless i choke it or replug the connector.

I'll try disabling the micro switch and see what that does. Its the only switch in the electrical box on this unit. This FE350 also has no adjustments on the valves as its the hydraulic lifter and they sound fine when its running.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

No need to check the micro or anything else on the cart electrically.

When you unplug the bullet connector you remove all of the cart electrical grounding (spark killing) functions from the motor. Unplug the low oil sensor and try it.

If not you have checked everything electrical and it points to a fuel related issue.

Check to see if there is an air leak between the carb and block?

The symtoms sound like the low speed circuit of the carb is clogged or adjusted lean.

Even a new carb might have come with trash in it!

I say pull it apart, clean and blow out every orifice , check vent tube for clog, check float level, check mounting block and gaskets before reassemble.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car