lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #11
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 94 Ezgo, 350es Honda ATV Conversion

Good weekend,...here, worked to about 2am sat night and it rained yesterday so i took full advantage. Got rear motor mounts fabed and mounted and it will now roll around the shop without blocks or jacks holding it together. Sorry no pics, my welder was acting up and my welds turned out looking like crap.
Ran into more rust. What do you guys suggest I do? It's mostly cosmedic and not structural. Sand/prime or replace. It's mostly around where the batteries where. I was going to keep part of the battery rack but now I'm thinking go ahead and cut all of it out?
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #12
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Post some pics of the rust buddy.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

My son has been sanding on it and removed alot but, besides removing and replaceing what would be the best option?

the fisrt pic is under passenger side
the second and third are the battery rack I'd like to keep but I think I'm gonna cut replace
the forth is my front motor mount I welded a new HSS 1x2x3/16 cross member then cut some 1/4" plate and attached to L 1 1/2X1/4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rust.jpg (131.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg more rust.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg even more.jpg (133.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg front mount.jpg (105.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If the rust isn't too bad you can use "rust converter" and paint it. Just make sure the metal is good structurally.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #15
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Update: Spent the weekend drinking beer and tracing wires. I mean,....tracing wires. Working on my electric shifter, finished all my frame fab. Scored some Deestone D930 25X12X10 tires for the front. May be alittle big but these 300ex bolt patterns are a different animal. Front tires are 10X5 4 on 144. Rear are 9x9 4 on 110.

This weekend don't look promising, I have state tournements and then next week taking the family to the mountains. (the whole family)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #16
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Scored some 25x12x10 Deestone tires for cheap. Spent Thursday night poping them on the 300ex 6 inch wide rims. This is what it's all about
Old 07-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #17
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Pic didn't upload

Son helps a lot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #18
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Got back from vacation Friday ,.... what a way to work off some road rage than work on your golf cart.

Pulled front end out and finished welded, painted, ran some wires, fired it up and had my son run it around in the yard a little to see if everything worked right. I was glad to see it run under it's own power. He had to give it gas by hand and shift by hand but it was just a test run.
Next up order some wheel spacers, fab up a brake gas petal, fab up a shifter.

One thing I did notice the single shock in the rear is alittle to soft, but I already figured in adding duel shocks on rear. The stock 300ex shocks,on the front, are going to work fine after I moved the top mounting point out 1" and down 1/2".
Old 07-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #19
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

starting to mark things of the list,.. ordered some DJ customs 3" wheel spacers. Fast shipping, look good, don't like the mounting hardware. Installed, ran it around the yard then retorqued (I have learned from the past)
It runs awsome, shifts great, steering good, smooth ride. It was very hot outside this weekend, the fan kicked on once. The heat is going to worry me, so I'm already thinking about an auxiliary fan.

well, ever since we got it cranked and running the kids have wanted to drive it. I got tired of them having to hold the controls in their hands to give it gas so i rigged them up a handle to hold the throttle and shifter. SO now it is not setting still long enough for me to work on it.

gonna work on center console and electric shifter this week,.... if they will park it long enough.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Calling on all experts. Anyone out there running a temp gauge for a air cooled engine. The 350ex has a fan that comes on when it gets hot, So that means that there has to be a heat sensor on it. I want to put a guage on it to see how hot it is. I'm gonna put another fan on it just to be safe.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps