lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default D&D Torque & Speed Motor

So after much research I just ordered a D&D torque and speed motor. I believe it spins 4300 rpm with 9.5 hp. I have had a Bandit for the last year but it has a hard time pushing my 25" tires. My cart is a 03 series 48 volt Club Car with diy 2 ot welding cable wires, 500 fsip controller, diy hd f&r control, 400 continues amp solenoid 1000 peak. The cart does 18 mph on the flat and pulls a real Steep at about 11 mph. I wanted a Beast motor but didnt want to spend the cash, was also looking at the Admiral torque motor but thought cart wouldnt go much faster. So my thought is 9.5 peak DD @4300 rpm is better than Bandit maybe 4 hp at ? if i went purely torqe motor i dont think the cart would do more than 19 mph with the 25"s . So my thought is now I should roll 23 mph on the flat and still have better torque than the Bandit. If this is all true I be happy with my series cart. Any thoughts on this?
thanks, steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: D&D Torque & Speed Motor

You're gonna love this motor. Post up results after the install.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Item #DD22

SERIES- SPEED & TORQUE Motor by D&D, 9.8 Peak HP, 4390 RPM, SPEED up to 19mph, +10% more TORQUE when used with a 48v/275 Amp stock controller. Used on SERIES (NOT REGEN) Club Car DS 1996'-newer Powerdrive system, Yamaha G9, G8, G2 SERIES with 10 Spline Axle.

this is the motor specs. steve
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

The problem with specs is that they all do them differently. I like to look at continuous HP, not peak, i think it is a little misleading. I put a new GE motor that said 7 non peak HP at 5106 RPM. It goes about 25 MPH and a lot of torque. I like GE because they rate at non peak HP.

Some times you just will not know until you slap it on. But if those RPM's are obtainable you should get to maybe 21-22 MPH I'm guessing, maybe faster with larger wheels.

I hope it works out good for you.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #5
screamin chicken
Getting Wild

should go faster then that , i have a factory CC Precedent set on fastest setting with 12 in wheels and im going 21, 22 mph.
I also would like to go faster but i have been told to do this you will either have to go all out all the time, meaning you cant just stp an go, drive slow, or it will burn up the motor, controller, also heard that the faster you go the shorter your run time is , and that you will also shoten the battery life...
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

I'm not sure what the model number is on my speed/torque motor. But its been in my cart well over 4 yrs now and haven't had the first problem out of it. My cart is 48v with an alltrax 4855 with 26 inch tires and I get a solid 28 mph on flat ground with torque out the ying yang.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the D&D torque/speed motor in a precedent (IQ) with 23 inch tires (also alltrax 500a, 400a sol, 4g wires). It'll show on GPS solid 22-23mph, and cliimbed any hill I've dared.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

So I called up D&D to just ask some questions about this motor, The guy said It was basically a stock motor juiced up a little? I'm confused how 9.8HP is just juiced up a little. He also said it was the wrong motor and that my 25" would tear it up? He said he could kill it in a day. I'm just trying to get a little more speed cause its a series cart. So that was my thought with a speed and torque motor. My Bandit is over a year old pushing those 25" and I'm selling it to my neighbor. Did I screw up buying the D&D ???

Confused,

Steve
Old 08-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is my prob D& D talking about because its a series cart?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

So it sounds like I just bought the same motor as the bandit but its mde by D&D. Well I guess I can ship it back and buy the torque motor? It was a deal at $395 plus shipping and no core... Any thoughts?

Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car