lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Club car XRT 1550 troubleshooting

I bought two XRT’s, the 1550 4x4 carts. I have a problem with each of them that I need help with. First cart is 2008 , it has 1500 hours. The cart will start up , idle perfect for about 10-15 seconds then die. It will start back up for a few hours and then the same thing all over again. I have cleaned the carburetor and fuel tank. It has fresh fuel. I have tested for spark and it seems fine. Doesn’t seem very strong but I don’t know what it should look like. I switched the coils anyway and still the same thing. New coils, same spark, same 10-15 idle . I’m lost from there. Any ideas? I think maybe electrical? But I don’t know.

Second cart is a 2011 4x4 with 3500 hours. It will start up, idle all day long . I literally let it idle in my yard for 2 hours without it shutting off, acting funny etc. I tried to drive it around the block to our orange grove and it died, had a wait an hour to cool off before it would crank back up. It had the same amount of spark as the first cart. Both carts have the Kawasaki 680d motor. Clean carburetor and fresh gas.

Any ideas? I would any suggestions to check in to. Thanks
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club car XRT 1550 troubleshooting

I'd check and clean the air filters, and replace the spark plugs (NGK BPR2ES)
Kawi engines are finicky about the airflow, and the proper spark plugs...

The owners manual (pdf below) says that the valve clearances need to be checked every 100 hours,
(by an authorized dealer or a trained technician)
I don't know the specs, but I'll bet it hasn't been done for a while!

I also have a 2009-2011 Parts List, but the file is too large to share on the forum.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08+ 1550-1550SE-Owners Manual.pdf (5.71 MB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #3
Rmiller863
Getting Wild

Default Re: Club car XRT 1550 troubleshooting

Is it something you could email to me?

I’ve changed spark plugs in both carts. Have not cleaned the air filters just opened them up to spray ether in them.
Rmiller863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car