lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with EZGO TXT electrical diagnosis

My EZGO TXT Shuttle stopped and then would not go. I followed Scottyb's sticky thread above on EZGO diagnosis and everything checked out right till I got down to the part under CHECKING CONTROLER OUTPUT.

It says to connect (-) probe to M- terminal and connect (+) probe to B+ terminal and reading should be 0 volts. My reading is 35.5 volts. Depressing the Go pedal increases it to 38.7 volts.

I am having trouble understanding what I should do next since I have a reading of 35.5 volts instead of 0 volts.

If I go further and remove the Orange wire the reading stays the same of 35.5 volts and 38.7 volts.

I am trying to find out if the problem is in my motor, controller, reverse switch or wiring.

This is used daily in my work so I would appreciate any help in getting it going again quickly.
tallyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with EZGO TXT electrical diagnosis

With the DVM connected between M- and B+ and pedal pushed only far enough to make solenoid click, if you get more than 0V it most likely means either the controller is bad or the throttle is telling the controller to pass amps.

Which shuttle and what year?
Which drive system? (series or sepex)
Which controller?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:56 PM   #3
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

One tag is worn off on it. The other tag has E201 and serial # 1371344.
I'm pretty sure it is a series drive system.
The controller is a Curtis PMC
P/N 25864G05 S/N 2058-P118042
Old 03-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

P# 25864G05 is a Curtis 1206 (series drive controller - 275A). The same one used in standard golf carts.

The E201 indicates it is a 2001 model. (Last two digits are the last two digits of the year)

Problem is the 2001 Shuttle-4 and Shuttle-6 used a Curtis 1205 (400A) controller.

Still not quite sure which cart you have. Pictures would help. (Use paperclip icon to attach to post)

-------------
Check the ITS voltage to the controller to make sure the throttle isn't telling controller to pass amps with pedal up. ITS check attached as well as a schematic of a series drive with a 1206 controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 1.jpg (47.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 2.jpg (48.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Voltage - 3.jpg (44.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #5
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Here is a photo. A lot has been done to it so it doesn't look original. The controller is not the original one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orange EZGO.jpg (287.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

My controller has no A2 terminal as in that diagram.

My voltage in those 3 checks was:
14.2 in 23
0.6 in 25
1.7 in 26
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (223.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looks like you've got a Shuttle 2+2, which is a regular golf cart chassis with a rear seat, so it would be best to call it 2001 TXT series drive to avoid future confusions about which Shuttle. (Cargo Shuttle, Shuttle-4 and Shuttle-6 have a stretched chassis and the front seat is on a pedestal.)

Here's a service manual and a parts manual for your cart.

--------------
Looks like the throttle input to the controller is good, so the controller is bad.

The stock 275A controller is a bit puny for a cart with a rear seat and mud tires. Go with an Alltrax SR48400 controller and higher amp solenoid (stock is rated at 85A, you'll want a 200A or higher rated one.)

This is where I get most of my cart stuff: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-sr-series--.html
Old 03-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #8
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help. I'm going to order it. I may have to do some re-wiring and hope I am able to come back and get some info on that if necessary.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:50 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Old 03-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #10
tallyho
Not Yet Wild

JohnnieB,
I installed the new controller and solenoid but I need help with some wiring. I know I have all the large wires right but the directions are not specific to some small wires. I have a small black wire with ring terminals on each end that ran from the solenoid to B- on the old controller.

The directions say "Remove ring terminal off the small wire on the B- that goes to the solenoid and crimp 1/4 female spade." But it does not say what to do with this wire after. Later on it says "Connect black wire from solenoid to black terminal on controller.
If this is where the wire goes I have to cut off both ring terminals and install 2 1/4" spade terminals but the directions do not say this.

I also have another black wire on the solenoid but it goes to the reverse buzzer so I don't think this is the one they want me to move.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (84.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO