lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
strickdog1
Not Yet Wild

Default North Carolina Laws

What are the LSV laws in North Carolina? Seem to only be able to find what the golf cart sellers tell me? Chuck
strickdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: North Carolina Laws

welcome.jpg
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickdog1 View Post
What are the LSV laws in North Carolina? Seem to only be able to find what the golf cart sellers tell me? Chuck
Go to your loacal tag office and ask to talk to the supervisor. That was how I got the info when I lived in NC. No one wants you to know, so go to the horse mouth and "Mr Ed" will tell you what is required.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
nremtp3070
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: North Carolina Laws

I have talked to DMV and it depends on who you talk to as to what answer you will get. Some say no registration is required. Some say they must be titled, registered and licensed, NC General statute 20-54 says one of the reasons for denying a registration is that the vehicle is a golf cart so that would seem to imply that golf carts can't be registered. WHo knows in this state. Anyone have documentation of what it takes to use a golf cart or LSV on the road. i see several running up and down the road but can't get a straight answer.

Dwayne
nremtp3070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
gulffer1
Gone Wild

Welcome!
gulffer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
caviness
Not Yet Wild

welcome,i like to know 2
caviness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #8
rib33024

welcome --good question
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
ibcleary
Not Yet Wild

Same Question. I'll be looking to put one on the road in a month or so. Anyone recently gone through the process. If it has to be registered, how did you get a title?
ibcleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
k-vegas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I've orchestrated military campaigns that were less complicated than trying to determine the process and required paperwork and equipment needed to get a cart street legal in this state.

I spoke with an inspector with the DMV today and was told that I could not title and register a cart in the state of NC for road use. I explained that after hours of researching General Statues and DMV "legalise", my understanding was that if I had the required DOT approved equipment installed including windshield, head and taillights, brake lights, turn signals, rear facing mirror, horn, seatbelts and LSV reflective triangle that I would be able to have it inspected, receive a VIN number for title and registration. The only other requirements I saw were that these types of vehicles can only travel on public roads with a posted speed limit of 35 or less.

I just want to be legal when crusing around the subdivision and all the posted speed limit signs in the neighborhood are 25 mph.

He graciously explained that this was "the old law" and now the only way to get an LSV registered for road use is that it be manufactured for such purposes such as the Tomberlin Emerge line of vehicles.

Now my question is how I can "prove" that my cart is no longer a golf cart and with the retained receipts for all I have put on it above, that it was "manufactured for such purposes".....or just move to another state.
k-vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!